Page 1 of 1

Terrain map?

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:05 pm
by KlubMarcus
How do I display/import terrain (vegetation, countour shading, etc) in H3 ANW, something similar to a satellite view? I've been reading the manual and I haven't found it so far.

RE: Terrain map?

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:10 pm
by hermanhum
That is not possible at the moment. AGSI said something about including a GIS feature in the far future, but it is not present in the ANW version.

[Deleted]

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:25 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Terrain map?

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:09 am
by KlubMarcus
Thanks for the replies. oh well, I might have to cross my fingers for a future patch, eh?

I'd even go for a superficial terrain map just to enhance the look of the land and depth shading for the sea.

RE: Terrain map?

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:49 am
by rich12545
I think terrain (and blue ocean) would be a nice addition.  Even something that looks as good as Harpoon classic.

RE: Terrain map?

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:48 pm
by analog
I use the NTDS display when I play and it does not include all that extra stuff, works fine for me.

RE: Terrain map?

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:36 am
by captainfred
ORIGINAL: rich12545

I think terrain (and blue ocean) would be a nice addition.  Even something that looks as good as Harpoon classic.

Having only had the sim for 1 day, I did find that you can change the color scheme for the ocean and terrain in the Settings Pull-Down Menu under the colors link. Maybe worth having a look at. [:)]

RE: Terrain map?

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:15 pm
by hermanhum
I don't think it is possible in the manner you suggest. When you change the "ocean" colour, you are, in essence, only changing the general background colour. Therefore, both the land and the ocean colour change at the same time, like in this AEgis display.

P.s. I see that the Captain has posted that he has modified his ANW installation to the Beta 3.7.1 version. I would advise you to read:

Harpoon 3 ANW 3.7.1 Beta Update Now Available

if you try to play MP games, you are likely to experience problems.

Image