Page 1 of 1

Where's the Serial Number?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:14 am
by vonoz
I bought a CD copy of Conquest of the Aegean from an online retailer of Matrix games, Naval Warfare Simulations. I managed to unzip the game, I think, but the set-up now wants me to input the serial number, which it indicates is on the CD or the disc jacket. The CD has imprinted on it a 20 diget "CD Number" and a 9 diget abbreviation of that, labeled "Order ID", neither of which the set-up will take. The CD came in the game box, which has a bar code number, but that doesn't work either. There is no disc jacket. Where's the serial number? Help!

RE: Where's the Serial Number?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:09 am
by Marc von Martial
There should be also a box (bottom left side, above the "CD Number" ) that says "Serial No.:" .

RE: Where's the Serial Number?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:24 pm
by Clipper1968
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

There should be also a box (bottom left side, above the "CD Number" ) that says "Serial No.:" .

I get the same problem with WPO that I have ordered from NWS. There is nothing that looks like the usual Matrix serial number ( xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx ) included neither on the CD nor on the box. I can only find the ID order and the CD number. I made a request to NWS asking them to provide me with a serial number otherwise the game is completely useless. Hope to get it soon as I can not currently install the game.[&:]
Next time I will order directly from Matrix as I used to; just wanted to try another way, quite a bad idea... [:D]

RE: Where's the Serial Number?

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 pm
by Warship NWS
<snip>