Page 1 of 1
Campaigns - A Top Priority
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 12:06 am
by Wild Bill
Just so you know, correcting the problems in generated battles and campaigns is a top priority for the upcoming patch. Take heart!
There are also some other nifty surprises in store for you. We ain't through yet!
Wild Bill
------------------
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 7:19 am
by Greybear
Yeee..Ha, thanks for the good work Bill. Lots of neat stuff in SPWAW, but the campaigns is what solo players play for. I am still trying to play a random campaign. How about a list on Known bugs that are being worked on? That way I will know when to report one.
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 8:14 am
by Wild Bill
Michael Wood has that list, Greybeard. I'll have to see if I can scrounge a copy of what he has. I do know that a lot of ground is being covered by Michael. And he is quite thorough.
WB
------------------
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 8:39 am
by bigjim
Alittle off topic Bill but does Eagles end with Market-Garden??? I got decives in the first 3 senario's and then it crashes to desk top when I click the done button at the end of Market Garden???
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 1:50 pm
by Wild Bill
Hey Big Jim,
NO, that was a corrupted campaign file. There is a newer one on the download page of SPWAW page. We put that up when we found some sort of error in the scenario that was causing it to crash at the end of the third battle.
I'll send you a copy of the revision. This one, indeed, will play all the way through. Sorry for the inconvenience. It will mean starting over...WB
------------------
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 4:20 pm
by kfbaker
Nice to hear Bill, a stick of dynamite up those no shows ( un no what) mite do the trick.
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 6:26 pm
by Greybear
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Michael Wood has that list, Greybeard. I'll have to see if I can scrounge a copy of what he has. I do know that a lot of ground is being covered by Michael. And he is quite thorough.
WB
Bill, I would like a copy of that bug list, and yes my beard is grey.
Greybear
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 6:55 pm
by Wild Bill
Okay, I've scrounged. Now I'll have to get permission from the higher ups to release it.
Contrary to popular opinion, I am only a peon with too big a mouth, and I've often said more than I should. It's hard to write with your leg up around your neck and a size 12 shoe in your trap
So let me get an okay if this can be presented. There may be some good reasons why it cannot.
I think I can say this. I've tested 23 changes to the generated campaigns and battles and they are all good changes and work well.
Michael Wood has done a superb job with no sleep in tracking down and resolving any difficulties.
The man has been under a lot of pressure with this project. Its really to his credit that so much has been done to this game. In my book personally, Mike Wood is a programmer who can comfortably sit beside anybody you name in the computer programming field.
And he has the gamer's interest at heart. He too, loves to play a good wargame and is a top notch scenario designer himself.
I'll keep you posted, Greybeard, with what I can tell you.
------------------
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 12:01 am
by Bondy
Cheers to Michael Wood. No idea how old Michael is but I almost feel like I've grown up with the guy (along with many other long-time SP supporters). He created that DOS based unit editor for SP1 many years ago, and it seems obvious to me his programming skills have improved tremendously in the last 5 or so years. Good luck on the update!
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 2:33 am
by Wild Bill
Bondy, having seen Mike work and the results he has achieved would make me put his work beside any game designer out there. The man never ceases to amaze me!
Wild Bill
------------------
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 10:36 am
by crazyivan
thanks once agian for your hard work guys every night i have played this game since it came out and not one crash top marks.have you an idea when the update will be released{patch}.
[This message has been edited by crazyivan (edited 06-04-2000).]
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 3:38 pm
by Wild Bill
Sometime this week for sure. I don't have an exact date as yet.
Thanks Ivan. We hope to make it even better.
I love its stability too...WB
------------------
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 6:08 pm
by Fabio Prado
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Michael Wood has done a superb job with no sleep in tracking down and resolving any difficulties.
The man has been under a lot of pressure with this project. Its really to his credit that so much has been done to this game. In my book personally, Mike Wood is a programmer who can comfortably sit beside anybody you name in the computer programming field.
And he has the gamer's interest at heart. He too, loves to play a good wargame and is a top notch scenario designer himself.
I would like to add my greatest admiration and deepest respect for Mike Wood's work on SPWaW. His programming work is absolutely phenomenal.And he's doing this just out of love for doing a great wargame...
Thanks, Mike!
Fabio Prado