Page 1 of 1

CS fighter cap in 2.2?

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 8:20 am
by Nightcrawler
Do seaplane tenders fly a fighter cap in 2.2? I had a single task force of Japanese CS ships drop off an LCU in Perth. After they unloaded the land unit they were attacked by fighter bombers, and a small number of Japanese fighters intercepted. I don't know what kind of planes they were, but they were green so the weren't Zeros. The nearest friendly aircraft were in Soerbaja, so they didn't come from there.

They were also attacked on the way in, when they were loaded, and then they didn't scramble any fighters then.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 12:27 pm
by Rover1gp
Gee, And all this time I thought I was seeing things. I have seen the same thing happen also.

I wonder if it could be the result of Matrix removing two of the Japeness CS's to replace them with CVL's later in the war. It maybe causing planes to show up on some of those CS's. I have only seen it happen on the Nissin CS's. Two Of those are removed in late 42(in version 2.2) to be made into two CVL's later.

Anyway, I like it. Even if I don't know why for sure.

Gary

[This message has been edited by Rover1gp (edited February 07, 2001).]

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 7:45 pm
by Culiacan Mexico
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Do seaplane tenders fly a fighter cap in 2.2? I had a single task force of Japanese CS ships drop off an LCU in Perth. After they unloaded the land unit they were attacked by fighter bombers, and a small number of Japanese fighters intercepted. I don't know what kind of planes they were, but they were green so the weren't Zeros. The nearest friendly aircraft were in Soerbaja, so they didn't come from there.

They were also attacked on the way in, when they were loaded, and then they didn't scramble any fighters then.
I never noticed this before you mentioned it, but you are correct. Some CS are carrying three (?) fighters which are type A6M5. They fly CAP regardless of the mission assigned and don’t care if the CS is carrying supplies or troops. Image