Build-Up of Air Groups
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 12:19 am
I noticed on a thread a few days back that someone was disgruntle about how the game builds-up the quantity of planes in an air group (B-29's). I have noticed this since v1.0, and it has gotten progressively worse in the v2's. In my current game, playing Allied side on even advantage, I have been paying close attention on how this works.
I could not get my 1 of my 4 B-17 squadrons to gain any more aircraft above four, so I pulled all of the air groups out of action and placed them somewhere safe. Since I pulled two of the of the squadrons out of an area where they were taking losses, the aircraft pool for B-17's started to rise. When the aircraft pool hit the magic number of 40 B-17's or slightly above the final B-17 air group started to aquire more air craft. The usual build-up began "4...14...22...36...40...etc...". Now your ready to redeploy your bomber groups.
I noticed that it also works this way with fighter and tac-bomber air groups. The assignment of replacements goes a bit like this (This may not be exactly right).
1.) U.S. Air Groups ABOVE quantity of 4 receive replacements
2.) Other Allied Air Groups ABOVE quantity of 4 receive replacements.
(Exception Note: An Allied Air Group with more planes in it than its U.S. counterpart will receive planes first. [sometimes?])
3.) U.S. Air Groups of quantity 4 receive
replacements.
4.) Other Allied Air Groups of quantity 4 receive replacements.
Note, that if you have a non-U.S. airgroup in a high attrition rate area that it may take a while to build-up if your using the same planes as the U.S.
It would also be a good idea to remove that air group out of the action, and place it at a well supplied base until it rebuilds. Remember the attrition rate of lost air craft effects the air craft pool and the ability to build-up the new and existing air groups.
Hope this helps!
MJ
I could not get my 1 of my 4 B-17 squadrons to gain any more aircraft above four, so I pulled all of the air groups out of action and placed them somewhere safe. Since I pulled two of the of the squadrons out of an area where they were taking losses, the aircraft pool for B-17's started to rise. When the aircraft pool hit the magic number of 40 B-17's or slightly above the final B-17 air group started to aquire more air craft. The usual build-up began "4...14...22...36...40...etc...". Now your ready to redeploy your bomber groups.
I noticed that it also works this way with fighter and tac-bomber air groups. The assignment of replacements goes a bit like this (This may not be exactly right).
1.) U.S. Air Groups ABOVE quantity of 4 receive replacements
2.) Other Allied Air Groups ABOVE quantity of 4 receive replacements.
(Exception Note: An Allied Air Group with more planes in it than its U.S. counterpart will receive planes first. [sometimes?])
3.) U.S. Air Groups of quantity 4 receive
replacements.
4.) Other Allied Air Groups of quantity 4 receive replacements.
Note, that if you have a non-U.S. airgroup in a high attrition rate area that it may take a while to build-up if your using the same planes as the U.S.
It would also be a good idea to remove that air group out of the action, and place it at a well supplied base until it rebuilds. Remember the attrition rate of lost air craft effects the air craft pool and the ability to build-up the new and existing air groups.
Hope this helps!
MJ