OBC Mod Suggestion...
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 6:11 am
Hi, if my hardrive gets repaired and/or information gets transferred out I want to create some extra scenarios beyond the ones I have already included.
So far, there are the OBC41, OBC42, OBSOL, OBMARI, OBC_A (tora, tora, tora), OBC_B (PBEM OBC41), OBC_E (an upgraded OBPHIL)
I was planning to do a hypothetical 'what if the washington treaty never happened' scenario. I have found many proposals of ships by many nations that were scrapped by the treaty, yet would like some other ideas. I propose that shipbuilding would be limited due to economic problems (British were planning to cut back shipbuilding even before the treaty) and the stock market crash (so there won't be 100's of battleships floating around!).
I need ideas on what would happen regarding the following...
Carriers (would there be as many, would they be as large (due to battlecruiser hulls not being used), etc...)
IJN (with no washington treaty restrictions, how large would their navy get (ie 8-8 plan)? would they need to create super ships (CA and DD) and super torpedo's to make up for numerical inferiority?)
Allied Navies (if there were no treaty restrictions, how large would cruisers get [beyond 10 000t], would the Dutch experience a need for massive shipbuilding earlier, would cost effectiveness still have allied nations using obsolete ships [Revenge Class, Hermes Class, Nevada Class, Pennsylvania Class, etc...], would the RAN and RNZN experience massive reinforcements fron the RN, in the form of battleships/battlecruisers)
Land Combat Units (would they increase in size/number, or remain the same? Would the Philippines have a larger army, or US contingent?)
Aircraft (with more battleships beign built inter-war, with more learned, thereby more focus on them, would aircraft develop as fast? Would Carrier Admirals ever win over battleship Admirals? Would aircraft actually be more advanced to make up for the progress in battleships?)
Any other suggestions, regarding any other feature would be welcome.
I was even thinking about making a scenario where Britain signed a deal with the Germans after the fall of France, retaining its empire (thereby a greater British influence) but with Japan recieving supply from Germany through Russia (in the form of a large oil factory at Port Arthur).
So far, there are the OBC41, OBC42, OBSOL, OBMARI, OBC_A (tora, tora, tora), OBC_B (PBEM OBC41), OBC_E (an upgraded OBPHIL)
I was planning to do a hypothetical 'what if the washington treaty never happened' scenario. I have found many proposals of ships by many nations that were scrapped by the treaty, yet would like some other ideas. I propose that shipbuilding would be limited due to economic problems (British were planning to cut back shipbuilding even before the treaty) and the stock market crash (so there won't be 100's of battleships floating around!).
I need ideas on what would happen regarding the following...
Carriers (would there be as many, would they be as large (due to battlecruiser hulls not being used), etc...)
IJN (with no washington treaty restrictions, how large would their navy get (ie 8-8 plan)? would they need to create super ships (CA and DD) and super torpedo's to make up for numerical inferiority?)
Allied Navies (if there were no treaty restrictions, how large would cruisers get [beyond 10 000t], would the Dutch experience a need for massive shipbuilding earlier, would cost effectiveness still have allied nations using obsolete ships [Revenge Class, Hermes Class, Nevada Class, Pennsylvania Class, etc...], would the RAN and RNZN experience massive reinforcements fron the RN, in the form of battleships/battlecruisers)
Land Combat Units (would they increase in size/number, or remain the same? Would the Philippines have a larger army, or US contingent?)
Aircraft (with more battleships beign built inter-war, with more learned, thereby more focus on them, would aircraft develop as fast? Would Carrier Admirals ever win over battleship Admirals? Would aircraft actually be more advanced to make up for the progress in battleships?)
Any other suggestions, regarding any other feature would be welcome.
I was even thinking about making a scenario where Britain signed a deal with the Germans after the fall of France, retaining its empire (thereby a greater British influence) but with Japan recieving supply from Germany through Russia (in the form of a large oil factory at Port Arthur).