Page 1 of 1
Do Leaders need vacations?
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:38 pm
by cyberwop
My SW Pacific HQ is only getting 138 PP each turn. Does Mac need a holiday? Am I running some sort of PP deficit from to many LCU, airgroups and bases.
Also what is the best way to make the Japs surrender? I keep missing the 2:1 victory point ratio. Do I have to invade the home islands? If so what is the most southern base that counts?
Thanks
Tony
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 8:24 am
by Ringbolt
Dont know about leaders R&R.
The quickest, and most "gameing" way to make the Japanese surrender is take the Marshal Is before you do anything. The AI never seems to try and take it back. Build it up and as soon as it's got a 4 airfield start bombing civilians at night. Also for good measure, try to send a suicide Brit bombardment TF to Palembang to trigger the refinery rebuild bug. Not very "tasteful" but it is quick.
Ringbolt
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:56 am
by Ranger-75
I thought that the oil production bug was fixed, it wasn't??
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:01 am
by Ranger-75
Cyberwop, it might be that you have too many TFs running around assigned to the HQ. I'v seen this to a smaller extent on some of the other HQs.
I try to never have any "real" TFs under SWPAC control. Re-assign the bases where these TFs will originate from (to SouthPAC or CentPAC) and you may see a rise in SWPAC's PPs at the start of a turn. Of course these HQs may now start to dip below the apparent limit of 200 to start a turn.
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:45 am
by cyberwop
Thanks Mike. I'll try that.
Let me rephrase my 2nd question. What are the victory conditions for a jap surrender? Do you need a 2:1 ratio in score? Or capture a base on the home island or what?
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 10:59 am
by frank1970
I always move Asiatic Fleet out of Manila to Australia. Doing so, I have a HQ more. I do never move McArthur´s HQ, because I will get it again, after it is lost.
The only thing I do is changing the commanders.
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:50 pm
by sulup
Originally posted by cyberwop:
Thanks Mike. I'll try that.
Let me rephrase my 2nd question. What are the victory conditions for a jap surrender? Do you need a 2:1 ratio in score? Or capture a base on the home island or what?
You need a 2:1 ratio score to force Japan to surrender. The only "quick" way to up your score is to bomb japanese home cities because killing civilians earns big points. 9000 civilians killed = 900 points. This is far more points gained than taking any base or sinking any ship...
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:38 am
by Ranger-75
Yeah Frank, I screwed up my current game big time by not saving the Asiatic fleet HQ (I saved the leader, Adm Hart though). I should have done what you did.
By the way, if you select to change an HQ's leader then ESC out of the selection screen, you get a leaderless HQ, the original leader is now in the leader pool. This is good for keeping all leaders available when an HQ is definately going down the tubes. You can change Mac out for general no-name and not lose someone, same for Wainwright at Bataan (and that one doesn't cost any PPs).
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:22 am
by underdog
Originally posted by sulup:
The only "quick" way to up your score is to bomb japanese home cities because killing civilians earns big points. 9000 civilians killed = 900 points.
Are you sure about this sulup? That's what it says in the book, but that's not what happened in a game I just finished. I ran a test afterwards and it seems you only get 1 point for every 100 civilians. Getting 90 points a turn won't win you the game quickly.
I posted more details on this under "Civilian kill points" if you are interested.
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 2:32 am
by madflava13
In the latest game I played the Palembang bug didnt appear... Believe its fixed...