Page 1 of 1

Civilian kill points

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:11 am
by underdog
What's the deal with civilian kill points? In a PBEM game I just finished the Allied player didn't seem to be getting anywhere close to 1 point for every 10 civilians killed like it said in the book. So after the game ended I went back to a saved file from a few turns before and did and experiment. I tried to eliminate anything that would generate kill points except bombing civilians in the home islands.

I turns out in the turn I ran bombing killed a total of 29,000 civilians, but the allied kill points increased exactly 290. That is 1 point for every 100 civilians, not 1 for every 10 as the book says.

So what does this mean? Is it a bug? Is 1 for every 100 correct and the book was just wrong? I suspect the latter, since if the Allies can kill, say, 20,000 civilians a turn late in the war, that would be 2000 a turn or 104,000 in a year. That would win you almost any game easily.

One other note, this game was played using version 2.1, since we started it before 2.2 was released. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 1:38 pm
by 1089
Originally posted by underdog:
What's the deal with civilian kill points? In a PBEM game I just finished the Allied player didn't seem to be getting anywhere close to 1 point for every 10 civilians killed like it said in the book. So after the game ended I went back to a saved file from a few turns before and did and experiment. I tried to eliminate anything that would generate kill points except bombing civilians in the home islands.

I turns out in the turn I ran bombing killed a total of 29,000 civilians, but the allied kill points increased exactly 290. That is 1 point for every 100 civilians, not 1 for every 10 as the book says.

So what does this mean? Is it a bug? Is 1 for every 100 correct and the book was just wrong? I suspect the latter, since if the Allies can kill, say, 20,000 civilians a turn late in the war, that would be 2000 a turn or 104,000 in a year. That would win you almost any game easily.

One other note, this game was played using version 2.1, since we started it before 2.2 was released. I don't know if that makes a difference.


It doesn't. Version 2.2 only gives 1 point per 100 civilians, too.

kp