Page 1 of 1
Trouble with 2.5
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:40 am
by Caliban
I downloaded an ran the 2.5 patch. When I opened the game the first screen said vs 2.41. I then read the note for 2.5 which said to remove the uv/prfs file which I did placing it in the trash can where it now resides. Once again I downloaded and opened the game only to see vs 2.41 on the first screen. I checked the proram files and the one with the blue star icon said that it was vs. 2.5. When I tried to open the game via this method I got a message saying NO UV/DATA.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
CALIBAN
RE: Trouble with 2.5
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:00 am
by Reg
From other posts it appears that it is more than likely that the patch has been installed into the wrong folder as the I think the patch default path is different from the game default path.
Try looking at the version number of the game executable (uncommonvalor.exe) under properties. This can be located by right clicking the executable file and selecting properties. The file version there should be 2.5.0.0. If it is not and it says 2.41 on the game screen, the patch hasn't overwritten the previous version. Make sure you are not using a short cut which points to the old executable.
So, try reinstalling the patch and ensure you specify the correct game installation path.
(I suppose you will need to find and delete the files that were installed in wrong location as well....)
RE: Trouble with 2.5
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 am
by Reg
I knew I had seen it somewhere...
Tower44
D'oh!
Cracked it! It was all in the details. The default folder for UV was C:/Program Files/Matrix Games/Uncommon Valour whilst the patch was installing to C:/Matrix Games/Uncommon Valour
Given that the other patches automatically installed to the proper folder I think I can be forgiven for expecting the same of 2.50 ....... can't I?
Anyway, thanks for the assistance.
This forum has a lot of good information and most questions have been asked before so don't be afraid to search around a bit (use the seach function) and you might find the answer yourself.