Page 1 of 1

HELP!!! URGENT!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:31 pm
by vlar
This is an emergency.

I have the entire japanese carrier fleet nicely packed in Osaka on repair. So I send my carriers to sink them. Problem is that Halsey (or anyone else for that matter) comes within range and then starts sending wave after wave of his planes to attack airfields and factories all over Japan. I tried every trick I know but any admiral I send there just keeps doing the same. I'm going to have them all court martialled for disobeying orders.

Any suggestions???

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:22 am
by Capt. Harlock
I assume you've tried setting the target priority for the Carrier TF to attack ships in port. Have you tried setting the individual bomber squadrons on board the carriers to "Naval Interdiction" missions?

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:00 am
by sw30
Also, use leaders with low aggression. High aggression leaders are crazy.

Jeff

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 3:54 pm
by vlar
Tried setting it to naval interdiction. If I do it the planes won't even launch. Tried choosing low aggression leaders (the lowest). They do the same as Halsey.
Anymore ideas? Anyone? Has this ever happened to you?

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 8:02 pm
by Major Tom
This is all because of priority.

It is the CV TF Cdr's priority to ensure that no LBA will nail their TF, and it is also their priority to nail as much Japanese production as they can. You get WAY more VP's for killing production/civilians then sinking a few CV's. The TF commanders do not always follow orders, but take targets of opportunity if they should arize. You may want them to attack ships in port, but attacking Factories is actually a much more important target, and commanders are always drawn in by this one.