Page 1 of 1
Questions from a possible buyer
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:39 pm
by Gunfighter
I have been watching this game for a couple of years now and have not purchased due to the fact that I was in school and it would have destroyed by GPA. But i am happy to report that after going back to school at the age of 40 and working at it for 5 years i am now finished.
So now I am again looking at this game again and have a couple of questions before i buy.
Are they still activily working on this game, or just doing bug fixes?
Also the way i understand it the game only supports 1024/768 res. Are they going to add higher resolutions, such as 1920x1200?
Are they working on version 2.0?
Are they planning on improving the AI?
Thanks for any help.
RE: Questions from a possible buyer
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:54 pm
by wworld7
ORIGINAL: Gunfighter
I have been watching this game for a couple of years now and have not purchased due to the fact that I was in school and it would have destroyed by GPA. But i am happy to report that after going back to school at the age of 40 and working at it for 5 years i am now finished.
So now I am again looking at this game again and have a couple of questions before i buy.
Are they still activily working on this game, or just doing bug fixes?
Also the way i understand it the game only supports 1024/768 res. Are they going to add higher resolutions, such as 1920x1200?
Are they working on version 2.0?
Are they planning on improving the AI?
Thanks for any help.
Congrats on finishing school.
1) Some new features pop up here and there, but bugs still need to be killed.
2) I have no clue as to whether they will add higher resolutions, I wouldn't count on it UNLESS they announce it.
3) There have been some hopes, but no confirmation of a 2.0. Add what you want to the wish list and maybe someday...
4) The AI is what it is.
Good luck and enjoy, if you buy WITP your life as you know it is over...
Flipper
RE: Questions from a possible buyer
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:51 pm
by JJB647
The AI is probably the best I've seen in the Gray Grigsby Pacific War games. That being said it still doesn't compare to a human. After a PBEM game the AI offers no challenge.
RE: Questions from a possible buyer
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:18 am
by FAdmiral
If you get the game, I would recommend playing your first game vs. the AI.
Thats what I did and have learned so much more. The game has many little
details and you will make mistakes learning them. Better to train against the
AI and get into PBEM when you have the game mechanics down very well....
JIM