Page 1 of 1
TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:32 pm
by shangrila
Hi all,
I have been running in to a problem with the latest patch, stock game. Wanted to know if anyone else has seen this.
Ships leave port full of men, or Air Groups...as the TF proceeds men bleed out back to their base over days.
My opponent is seeing the same thing and it's giving him headaches.[:@]
Our current hypothesis is that it has something to do with TF's being disbanded and possibly information regarding that TF number not being cleared from the program. When a new TF gets that number, something happens and it starts leaking men back to it's base.
Thanks in advance!
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:39 pm
by rogueusmc
Did you load ALL of the unit?
Lee
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:45 pm
by shangrila
yes , we both ensure that.
We have both been playing since the game first came out. And Pay attn to the forums etc.
We both make sure we have enough for fully loading a unit. I have even gone as far as independently loading a unit in it's ships (Troop only) and combining it with the others carrying their units(Troop only), and others with just supply to build TFs as a test. (As well as having a TF plenty big enough to load everything, troops supplies etc, and make sure no more of the unit is at the base after loading before proceeding)
Thanks
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:59 pm
by jwilkerson
Well, certainly if everyone were having the problem .. the pounding would be heard in all corners [:D] and I know I'm not having this problem and I'm playing Japanese in a PBEM with Moses ... and he isn't having the problem either. So, you might be using a bit of "English" .. but interesting that you both are.
The key will be if you have a save, from which you can then form a TF that then leaks. If you've got that, then it would be worth looking at as we can probably nail the cause. But if you now just have saves of leaking TFs it would be problematic as to whether we could use those to figure out the root cause.
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:16 pm
by shangrila
To Whom does the turn and password need to be emailed...I will have my opponent do so as he may have a recent TF or two doing so that was recently created.
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:25 pm
by jwilkerson
You can send me the turn - but please include instructions about creating the TF I need to create that will leak. Again a save with just leaking TFs will probably not tell me why they are leaking. I need to see a leaking TF get created. Or re-stated I need to be able to create a leaking TF.
My email is
jwilkerson@everestkc.net
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:31 pm
by shangrila
I think it would be possible to send the turn prior to a TF creation, and turn after.
I realize just a leaking TF wouldn't give you much.
I'll have my opponent track this down, or start keeping track for the next instance and email you both turns, I have sent him your email. And told him to read the thread.
Thanks!
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:32 am
by apbarog
I am shangrila's opponent. I have sent Mr. Wilkerson the appropriate saved files. Thanks for the help.
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:52 am
by rogueusmc
Just let us know what it was and a fix if needed. I'm sure the devs will update us. They are good at that.
Lee
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port.
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 am
by wworld7
I am not 100% positive, but I believe the same thing happend to me in my last game (specifically Transport TFs leaivng San Francisco (carrying troops for down under), but I have not seen it yet in my current one.
I tend to start and get into 1943 and start over when a patch comes out.
Flipper