PBEM game
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:56 pm
Thought I would include a topic for PBEM. I am exactly 1 turn into a PBEM game but some initial thoughts:
1. Replay works very nicely. I did not even realize how much it would improve the PBEM game. Excellent idea, to whoever thought of adding it.
2. I am a little confused on the save files. I am playing CSA-- am I the only one that has to send the replay files, or should I also get a set of replay files from my opponent? I think it is the former, since the CSA orders come immediately before the resolution phase of the turn.
3. As it currently exists, it IS possible to issue orders in the replay file (on a whim, I tried to issue movement orders, and it worked). I do not think this is a big problem, since the replay files are separate from the game files, but it IS possible.
4. I noticed in PBEM that all generals start out as 1-star only (as opposed to the single player game). I do not object to this, as it gives me more freedom to promote. Just wanted to mention this in case it was unintentional.
That is it for the initial thoughts. Will post more as things come up.
Alex
Ooops. Put this in the wrong forum. If someone with more power than I have could transfer this to the Beta-patch forum, I would appreciate it. thanks.
1. Replay works very nicely. I did not even realize how much it would improve the PBEM game. Excellent idea, to whoever thought of adding it.
2. I am a little confused on the save files. I am playing CSA-- am I the only one that has to send the replay files, or should I also get a set of replay files from my opponent? I think it is the former, since the CSA orders come immediately before the resolution phase of the turn.
3. As it currently exists, it IS possible to issue orders in the replay file (on a whim, I tried to issue movement orders, and it worked). I do not think this is a big problem, since the replay files are separate from the game files, but it IS possible.
4. I noticed in PBEM that all generals start out as 1-star only (as opposed to the single player game). I do not object to this, as it gives me more freedom to promote. Just wanted to mention this in case it was unintentional.
That is it for the initial thoughts. Will post more as things come up.
Alex
Ooops. Put this in the wrong forum. If someone with more power than I have could transfer this to the Beta-patch forum, I would appreciate it. thanks.