Page 1 of 1

Cross of Iron : Slower gameplay than the original CC3?

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:48 pm
by Hafthohlladung
It's been a while since I played the original game, but after buying Cross of Iron the other day I can't help thinking that the game just seems to play slower than the original. Is this the case or am I just imagining things?

I have the game set to FAST speed and my PC is using an AMD FX57 so there should be no technical reason for this. However when I order my men to walk to a location it seems like they're taking ages to get there, and even if I set them to run it doesn't seem as fast as it should be.

My most recent Close Combat memory is playing CC4 & CC5, was it perhaps that these 2 games were faster than CC3? Or have the soldiers movement in Cross of Iron been slowed down for increased "realism"?

RE: Cross of Iron : Slower gameplay than the original CC3?

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm
by m5000.2006
i had the same impression - i started playing the first scenario and it seemed rather slow, the speed setting was 'middle', and i set it to 'fast', the game was a bit faster, but i had the impression that it was still slower than i remember from other cc titles...


of course, i may be wrong as i haven't played old cc titles for a long time

anyway, even if it's true, i don't mind, the difference seems barely noticeable

RE: Cross of Iron : Slower gameplay than the original CC3?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:39 am
by GS_Schimpf
I had the feeling that the gameplay was faster on some maps. Perhaps it also depends on mapsize. On FAST the clock ticks synchronous to a real watch. So at least the timescale is real.

RE: Cross of Iron : Slower gameplay than the original CC3?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:44 pm
by samarobriva
I believe that it depends of the ground type, experience, equipment and fatigue of your team...and also if there are slopes... Terrain is of big importance if you wnt success. A straight line is not always the best thing.
However you may seem strange things like a damaged (T34)moving fast sideways instead of going straight

RE: Cross of Iron : Slower gameplay than the original CC3?

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:38 am
by vonB
Things move every slowly in the mud...