Page 1 of 1

Bug in 5.03

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:02 pm
by Lucullus
In Brave men of Betio, .30 cal MMg's are replaced by M3 halftracks on screen. These are also seen in Marine Ordeal.

In Dicker Max. There is what appears to be an M3 halftrack with the German Army armed with .45's.

?????????????

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:23 pm
by Paul Vebber
Actually I tried it and I don't see that, but there is a problem with the new OOBs - the AMtracs are changed fom HEAVY AMPHIB to AMPHIB so the men now ride exposed (a DUKW is that way) They ride protected inside an LVT...

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:32 pm
by Lucullus
Do you have any idea as to why I'm seeing it?
It does not appear to be a problem in all of the Scenarios. If anything it is rare. I did not notice it in 5.02, of course I'm not sure I played these scenarios when I upgraded to 5.03. Help!!!

PS. I like the changes in 5.03. I think the problems with the lack of support weapon lethality has been corrected. Thanks.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:29 am
by Voriax
This .30 cal mg bug appeared already in 5.01. I played one of those scenarios as Japanese and didn't spot it..but then later a friend mentioned that it showed when he played it as US..I just credited it as a bug caused by the difference between the oob that was in use when the scenario was made and the one that was in use when it was played.

Voriax

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 9:11 pm
by Lucullus
Paul

I reinstalled and upgraded to 5.03. Bug is still their. In Brave men of Betio in only seems to appear on the troops in the landing craft in the lower left. It does not appear with all .30 Mg's. Maybe I should delete and purge the files and reinstall again? I

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:33 am
by Wild Bill
It is not really a bug as such, my friend. It is due to the OOBs being changed after the scenario was done.

I plan on sending a revision that will be included in the 5.4 patch of the game.

In the meantime I will send you a copy of that one and the Peleliu "Marine Ordeal" that has the same problem.

There used to be a Marine .30 cal LMG and then it was removed.

Hence the HT, which is the default icon and symobolizes nothing.

Sorry this has not been replaced before now.

Wild Bill

Sent...should be there by now.

[ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: Wild Bill ]