Page 1 of 1

TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:29 pm
by JudgeDredd
It may not be of interest on a "strategy" forum, but...

This isn't the only website Ive advertised it on...[;)]

I've tried to get on with it, but I simply can't.

I must have a co-ordination problem or something, because alot of people love it and I've never heard one bad thing about it, but I'm afraid it's just too hard for me to get used to. In my driving games (the main reason I got it because outside of strategy games, driving is my biggest game time consumer) if I look left, I steer left...if I look right, I steer right!!!

So, I'm selling it.

It's in great condition (as new). I've had it since March (for my birthday) so no more than a couple of months old. It comes with the unit, a hat with the vector clip (sorry if this terminology is wrong)...well everything it came with except the box (sorry...it came in one of those plastic "cutting me to shreds is the only way to open me" containers).

TrackIR 4 Pro with Vector Expansion currently sells to the UK for £85.45 + shipping + vat so about £100 (that's 147 Euros).

Could I ask the bidding to start at £70 - I'll pay shipping...that's a saving of £30

Anyone interested, drop me a note...

First person to post here that they want it is the winner...

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:00 pm
by ravinhood
I'm probably one of the few rare people that have to use a mouse backwards. I think the Amiga 500 did that to me and playing WINGS so much. I have to push down or pull back on the mouse to go up I just can't do it the other way like most of you do it. I have to push forward to go down just like a flight sim. I have to puse it right to go left and left to go right lol
 
I would give almost anything for a backwards mouse that was more comfortable to use than it is now I have nothing to rest my palm on since my fingers are where the back of your palms would be. To get an idea just turn your mouse 180 degrees and try to use it and play a game with it. ;) I can play games perfectly with it this way where most of you will find it awkward I would bet.

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:08 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Just one thing: what IS a TrackIR 4 6 DOF?[&:]

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:47 pm
by JudgeDredd
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Just one thing: what IS a TrackIR 4 6 DOF?[&:]
lol @ that...not because you don't know, but how obvious it now becomes to me that some people wouldn't have a clue what it is.

Basically, you have a baseball cap on you head that has 3 little strips on it. These can be seen by a USB detector that plugs into your PC USB port. The detector is very small and sits on your screen...CRT or flat LCD. With the detector in front, and the baseball cap on, you can look left, right, up, down, closeup, far away, or lean left and lean right and all this head movement is translated into your PC game. There are lots of PC games that have support for it, and the list will only grow...as an example, MS Flight Simulator, GTR1 & 2, rFactor, Armed Assault....

Here's the link and the site has a few videos to show "what you will see" if you use it...
https://edimensional.com//product_info. ... c627931a69

I guess you aint interested in it if you don't know about it...most people that know about it either have it or want it but are waiting on it coming down in price...

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:04 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Oh, one of THOSE things... I think I've heard of it before, but the name didn't mean anything...

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:09 pm
by Fredk
I'd buy it but I'm in the states [:(]

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:46 pm
by pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Oh, one of THOSE things... I think I've heard of it before, but the name didn't mean anything...
Its purpose is to block the radio waves from the space aliens that are trying to control your brain.

Much more effective than the "aluminum foil hat."

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:48 pm
by DuckofTindalos
I don't need that... I know the alien spaceship that's trying to control my brain has already landed and is hiding in plain sight at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C.

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:07 pm
by Twotribes
Umm does Dungeons and Dragons Online support it? I assume 70 of your money is a lot more in American funds?

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:47 pm
by pasternakski
ORIGINAL: Terminus

I don't need that... I know the alien spaceship that's trying to control my brain has already landed and is hiding in plain sight at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C.
One of the myriad reasons I am now an expatriate, T...

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:50 pm
by Hertston
ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Umm does Dungeons and Dragons Online support it? I assume 70 of your money is a lot more in American funds?

Just under twice that in $US. As to D&D I doubt it, it's mainly a flightsim thing, I think.

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:37 am
by JudgeDredd
Hertston is correct - slightly. It's was "mainly" for flight sims and driving sims, but recently they have added Armed Assault to their list...so it's branching out...it's kind of like a virtual reality thing

And yes, US$ is about double the old £

Well, if I can't shift it UK, I may look to US...didn't want to though...not because I don't like you lot, but because I have no idea how much I'd get stung for airmail.

RE: TrackIR 4 6 DOF for sale (UK)

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:28 pm
by JudgeDredd
Item is now sold