Page 1 of 1

Old Old Old Question

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:19 pm
by Toothpick95
Hey, this is an old question concerning a VERY old gmae, but I figured you guys are the experts.

On the ORIGINAL SP:2 game (Modern War) the sound files come in "MEL Fles" any idea on what I need to play them, and more specifically how I can replace them with my own files, (Wavs or something else) ?


Thanks...I Ilove the work you guys do on SP:WAW, but recently had a taste for somting modern, but SP:2 is adly in need of overhaul.

Thanks again

Toothpick

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 11:15 pm
by Supervisor
I can't find the links to the sound editors from SP, SP2, SP3 all the old links are broken. If your looking for a change of pace with the SP2 engine, try SPWW2 from http://wargamer.com/spcammo/ it uses the SP2 CD with and engine an tweak for WW2. Many of us play both SPWW2 and SPWAW, depending on your taste will determine which you prefer.

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 12:50 am
by Toothpick95
Uh....the point was to play somthing OTHER than a WW2 game. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, all I'm interested in is how to play/and/or/modify the existing .MEL sound files.

Obviously it CAN be done b/c WAW uses WAVs.


I just rfinidhed reading BLACKHAWK DOWN and had a taste for gaming it out.


Toothpick

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:34 am
by Supervisor
Try on the SPWAW forum, theirs alot of people (Wild Bill, Paul V, David Heath) that worked on the original SP series with SSI for years and I know some still have their connections and old utilities around. It can't hurt.

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 11:54 pm
by O de B
I'm not sure but i think there was something called Cool Edit that would load MEL files... but maybe it's only for the raw music... never played much with it.