Page 1 of 1

Verto geforce2-MX200 AGP Graphics card

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:44 am
by Don Doom
Has any one seen or used this card? I am thinking of changing my vidio card to this one since 3DFX went under.
It has the following:
32MB MEM
AGP
PROCESSOR nVidia GeForce2 MX
350Mhz clock speed[ramdac]
2048x1536 max res 2d at 32bit color.
2048x1536 max res 3d at 32bit color.
700 megatexels
20 million Polygons per second
SUPPORTS MPEG-1,2 Yes
DVD Decoding yes
Thanks for your replays

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:24 pm
by ectizen
I'm using a Hercules 3D Prophet II MX, which is also based on the nVidia GeForce2 MX. I have been most pleased with this card :D

1600x1200 32bit desktop... Mmm... Tasty... :)

One thing I should mention is that I've had a minor display glitch with SP:WaW with this card under Windows 2000, although not with Linux - this probably means it's a driver issue, but as the problem is so trivial, I'm not worrying about. Very occasionally, when playing SP:WaW the screen goes black. If you scroll the map, it's redrawn. It's a trivial inconvience, but doesn't happen enough to be annoying.

I'm using Windows 2000, DirectX 8.0a, and nVidia's Detonator drivers (v 634, I think).

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:33 am
by sinner
ectizen using Windows?

Arrrrrrrrggg!!

:D

(just kidding)


Sinner, blitzkrieging under Linux :D

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:30 pm
by ectizen
Originally posted by Sinner from the Prairy:
ectizen using Windows?

Arrrrrrrrggg!!
It's my machine at work, and it dual boots Linux (default) and W2k. :p

If you would like to change this, please contact the Australian Taxation Department, and convince them to produce a Linux-friendly version of their Electronic Commerce Interface...

And while you're at it, please see if you can convince Borland to enable Open Kylix to build Win32 binaries...

Thanks. ;)

[edit to conceal my poor emoticon skills...]

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: ectizen ]

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2001 2:54 pm
by Lars Remmen
Don,

What processor do you use? If you have a fast one you might want to take a look at Kyro II based boards.

There is some kind of difference between the MX, MX200 and the MX400 but I can't remember witch. Be sure to look into that as one of the cards is quite lacking compared to the other two if my memory doesn't fail me.

Regards,

Lars

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 5:11 pm
by Don Doom
It is the MX200 AGP. :D