Save Crash
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:51 pm
Following on from my bug report found in thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000289
I uninstalled the entire game, including manual deletion of the directories etc. I upgraded to the latest version of Direct X and video card drivers, then installed version 6.1 of the game.
I still get a crash back to the Windows 98 desktop when I click on the save icon during solitaire games. When playing PBEM games, the game auto saves fine when finishing my turn.....
Any ideas on:
1) Why I'm getting the crash.
2) What's the difference between the PBEM save process and the Solitaire save process, as one works, the other doesn't?
Currently means I can only play PBEM games, and not solitaire.
I have tried deleting the .prf file, and also running the game without sound with no success.
Thanks in advance,
http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000289
I uninstalled the entire game, including manual deletion of the directories etc. I upgraded to the latest version of Direct X and video card drivers, then installed version 6.1 of the game.
I still get a crash back to the Windows 98 desktop when I click on the save icon during solitaire games. When playing PBEM games, the game auto saves fine when finishing my turn.....
Any ideas on:
1) Why I'm getting the crash.
2) What's the difference between the PBEM save process and the Solitaire save process, as one works, the other doesn't?
Currently means I can only play PBEM games, and not solitaire.
I have tried deleting the .prf file, and also running the game without sound with no success.
Thanks in advance,