Page 1 of 1

Newbie question - What version?

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:01 pm
by TonyN
I just downloaded the 5.1 complete game version.
Should I download all the way up to 6.1 or what?
Are there any major differences in the versions?

Thanks

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:54 pm
by john g
Originally posted by TonyN:
I just downloaded the 5.1 complete game version.
Should I download all the way up to 6.1 or what?
Are there any major differences in the versions?

Thanks

The versions 5.01 thru 5.3 each have a different variation in lethality towards infantry. v6.1 is the balanced version with increased to hit chance if the unit has not been fired upon. The time spent upgrading is well spent. Each version has an increase in realism over the preceding version.

To be able to play online or pbem you need the same version as your opponent, so if that is a consideration, pick which version your friends (or enemies) have.
thanks, John.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:17 am
by TonyN
John,
Ok - I'm going to go ahead and download the
6.1 version. Thanks a lot for replying,