Page 1 of 1
New Scenario idea
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:29 am
by cesteman
A what if... Why not make a scenario that gives the South the upper hand at the start but gives the North the capacity to eventually take over in men and industry? I think most people know that the South had the brains and the North had the might. Just food for thought.
RE: New Scenario idea
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:12 pm
by Gil R.
How do you envision this? I'm not sure I know which game mechanics you have in mind.
RE: New Scenario idea
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:19 pm
by Erik Rutins
I'd guess that using the Standard Campaign OOB plus the historical economies would allow this to happen. You can also get very close to this by playing the Standard Campaign while giving the Union Power +3.
RE: New Scenario idea
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:58 pm
by cesteman
hmmm... That's an interesting thought. Let me look into that one before I dream up specifics. Here's another scenario idea. A "what if" mind you. What if the Brits came in on the side of the CSA after July 1863? I think the scenario would loook better if the flags for the brits where correct and have them build up from July 1863 on to take on the Union forces. I think the scenario would probably have to start around 1863 and move beyond 1865 on account of the logistics of moving enough forces from england to Canada or some were in the South would take tome. I think the Blockade would be the first thing to go so they would probably stage out of say SC or maybe closer to the capitol. This one would involve a little research I think.
RE: New Scenario idea
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:49 pm
by sirduke_slith
Another campaign idea would be that of a senario something along the trilogy of Newt Gingrich (not gonna try and spell names!). This would give the south its usually lack of resorces but the game starts right after the battle of "union mills" the horrific defeat of the AOP. THis would be intresting to see if the real events of this trilogy would play out.