Page 1 of 1

SPWAW Desert Fox Mega Campaign

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:01 pm
by ant2012
Just got the Desert Fox mega campaign, installed all okay but I get as far as the Main Menu (where you can pick between Mega Campaign, Solitare Play, Online Play etc) and cannot select anythong. The mouse moves around okay but will not click on anything. Pushing <esc> quits the program but that is all that happens. I have tried upgrading to v7.0 and running the mech.exe file but still have the problem.

Can any one help me please?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:28 pm
by Supervisor
Try deleting the steel.prf file (if there is one) in the MatrixGames/SPWAW/save folder and restart the game. The game will recreate if and when you can get to the preference screen and adjust to your likings. Did you have problem before upgrading? Check the directory tree to make sure you don't have duplicate nested directories within each other, if you do you need to move all contents from nested folders up into the first main folder of it's name and then delete the second empty folder. Lastly uninstall the game to include physically removing the MatrixGames/SPWAW folder after uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Sometimes reinstalling the game over itself cures problems but it's usually best to uninstall first. Good luck

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:57 am
by ant2012
Thanks for the tip. Uninstalling and then reinstalling fixed the problem, now I can enjoy what looks to be a fantastic game!

Thanks again.

Anthony

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:58 pm
by aponly
Just purchased Desert Fox. Currently have 7.1 beta installed. When I go to run the DF CD, it wants to reinstall the game to version 5.3. Before I run this, will the game downgrade back to 5.3, leave the newer stuff, or just plain hose it up? I just wanted to know how much time to allocate to the installation.

Or is there a way to just install the mega-campaign without going through the whole process.

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:04 pm
by Supervisor
Its going to downgrade SPWAW to 5.3 You'll have to upgrade from there to get back up to ver 7.1 It was unforseen at that time this would be an issue. Sorry, at least you have the bulk of the installation already.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]</p>

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:40 pm
by aponly
Thanks, at least there's only 2 restarts instead of 5 or six.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:56 am
by Supervisor
No problem, that's what I'm here for. To get gray hairs, cupital tunnel syndrome and headaches so you don't have too.