PBEM taking wrong turns ?
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:37 pm
Hello all
We just started our 1st Play-by-Email game and ran into funnythings:
1) "Player 1 OOB corrupt", ok, there was a post about it in this forum, just a matter of different settings
2) I got the batch of files from my friend, he has completed his first turn, yet when I start the saved game, it still is 'his' turn ?
Yes, I did put the files in the /email directory but my question is how the heck do we get this thing to work properly. What files to send and what to keep ?
The manual says that only .dat .aux and .cmt files should be sent but when I looked at the timestamps on those files only .rec .aux and .dat had been changed when the game was saved.
Which file has the record of whose turn it is? Since they don't provide a proper interface for the PBEM games how about some detailed info on how the darned thing works.
We just started our 1st Play-by-Email game and ran into funnythings:
1) "Player 1 OOB corrupt", ok, there was a post about it in this forum, just a matter of different settings
2) I got the batch of files from my friend, he has completed his first turn, yet when I start the saved game, it still is 'his' turn ?
Yes, I did put the files in the /email directory but my question is how the heck do we get this thing to work properly. What files to send and what to keep ?
The manual says that only .dat .aux and .cmt files should be sent but when I looked at the timestamps on those files only .rec .aux and .dat had been changed when the game was saved.
Which file has the record of whose turn it is? Since they don't provide a proper interface for the PBEM games how about some detailed info on how the darned thing works.