Page 1 of 1

Confused on versions of Harpoon

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:53 am
by Wiseman
What will be the big difference between this version of Harpoon (Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare) and the Harpoon Classic Commander's Edition?

Sorry for the dorky question.

Thanks,

Steve

RE: Confused on versions of Harpoon

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 am
by Dagooz
you can't really compare the two. I can only talk for previous versions of HC but I find that there is not as much need/room for micromanagement as in h2 (which ANW has it's roots in) and onwards. I feel hc is more arcade "like".

RE: Confused on versions of Harpoon

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:08 pm
by JRyan
I would say ANW is a hardcore sim, while HC is a lighter sim. As said above, you really can't compare the two even though they model the same thing. Plus, ANW has one component that HC does not, Multi-Player.
 
I own and play both.

RE: Confused on versions of Harpoon

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:59 pm
by Divefreak

I would say ANW is a hardcore sim, while HC is a lighter sim.


HCE is IMHo a bit more Userfriendly and the UI is more "eyecharming" than ANW.

Maybee hardcore vs light sim is a good comparision.

Regards René


RE: Confused on versions of Harpoon

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 pm
by Wiseman
Ok, that makes more sense to me, thank you.