Page 1 of 1

John Tillers Campaign Series-pdf problem

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:23 pm
by Howard
Downloaded game 6/6- Unable to access Game Manual or Read me. When I click on these not only does nothing happen,but I am unable to access other PDF files I have. I thought perhaps my Adobe 8 was corrupted and tried to uninstall this (with the idea of reinstalling it) and I got a message, "A process is running that cannot be shut down by Setup. Please either close applications and run Setup again, or restart your computer and run Setup again". If I rebooted my computer, I was then able to link to my other PDF files. This happened each time I tried to link to the game manual or readme.

RE: John Tillers Campaign Series-pdf problem

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 am
by Marc von Martial
1. Make sure you run latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can get it fro free from adobe.com
2. Make sure that you only have one version of Acrobat Reader installed. And make sure that when you install Acrobat Reader older versions are uninstalled first. There are known issues with Acrobat Reader when you install a newer version over and older version.
3. Make sure you firewall or security software does not block the event that an application "A" (Game Menu) starts another application "B" (Acrobat Reader).
4. Restore file opening preferences. Right click on any PDF you have, check "Open with", select Acrobat Reader and the "allways use this application" box. click "okay".

If all fails you can acess it from the Windows START menu or from within the "Manuals" folder of your CS installation. 

RE: John Tillers Campaign Series-pdf problem

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 am
by Elwro
I had exactly the same problem with the manual file for the Campaign Series. It turned out that my Adobe Reader displayed some sort of a 'please update your reader, this file may contain unviewable information' message which didn't get displayed properly, so I had no idea what was going on. I think I managed to see it after Alt-Tabing a bit :-)