Page 1 of 1
Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:51 pm
by Elwro
I bought the game yesterday and I'm trying to learn how to play it. The problem is I can't play more than 10 minutes before my eyes start to water. It's the really tiny font that's bothering me. OK, I have bad eyesight, but it's perfectly fine for playing other games.
My qualms are summed up on the screen below.
So, my question is: are there any interface mods which would make the font in the game bigger?
I wouldn't like to lose the opportunity of playing a brilliant game like this one.
edit: sorry if the screen is too wide, will take care in future

RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:02 pm
by rtrapasso
Use the -altfont command (check your user manual)!
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:05 pm
by rtrapasso
In case you can't find it - Edit your shortcut to this:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:15 pm
by rogueusmc
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
In case you can't find it - Edit your shortcut to this:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont
This changes the font to a sans font...like an arial...and it looks bigger though I don't think it is. It is much easier to read though.
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:20 pm
by Elwro
THANK YOU! That was it. Thanks to your suggestion I'll spend some more time with this game after all
And just 2 cents:
1)the capital F is important - '-altfont' doesn't work, 'altFont' does;
2)I did a search for '-altFont' and 'altFont' in the manual and it came up with nothing. Also, I can't see a list of command line options anywhere. But maybe it's just me, I don't know the manual yet as I want to get throught the tutorial first.
Thank you once again!
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:05 pm
by rtrapasso
Glad it worked! [8D]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:05 pm
by tanjman
ORIGINAL: Elwro
THANK YOU! That was it. Thanks to your suggestion I'll spend some more time with this game after all
And just 2 cents:
1)the capital F is important - '-altfont' doesn't work, 'altFont' does;
2)I did a search for '-altFont' and 'altFont' in the manual and it came up with nothing. Also, I can't see a list of command line options anywhere. But maybe it's just me, I don't know the manual yet as I want to get throught the tutorial first.
Thank you once again!
Its in the What's New pdf that list all of the patch bug fixes and game changes:
Clarification:
To use the new, larger font:
1) Create a shortcut from the EXE (right-click on it then drag & drop it).
2) Right-Click on the new shortcut and choose properties.
3) Add space then -altFont to the far right of the “War in the Pacific.exe" on the Target line, such as:
“C:\Matrix\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont
Don't forget the other switches. If you want, add another space then tack one of these 6 on
-ww -wd -dw -dd -colorBlind –deepColor (windowed weekly autosave, windowed daily autosave, full
screen weekly, full screen daily, use white text for most common text and initialize game in 32 bit color), such as:
“C:\Games\War in the Pacific.exe" -dd -colorBlind
Edited to correct errors pointed out by rogueusmc - thank you [:)]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:20 pm
by rogueusmc
ORIGINAL: tanjman
ORIGINAL: Elwro
THANK YOU! That was it. Thanks to your suggestion I'll spend some more time with this game after all
And just 2 cents:
1)the capital F is important - '-altfont' doesn't work, 'altFont' does;
2)I did a search for '-altFont' and 'altFont' in the manual and it came up with nothing. Also, I can't see a list of command line options anywhere. But maybe it's just me, I don't know the manual yet as I want to get throught the tutorial first.
Thank you once again!
Its in the What's New pdf that list all of the patch bug fixes and game changes:
Clarification:
To use the new, larger font:
1) Create a shortcut from the EXE (right-click on it then drag & drop it).
2) Right-Click on the new shortcut and choose properties.
3) Add space then -altFont to the far right of the “War in the Pacific.exe" on the Target line, such as “C:\Matrix\War in the Pacific.exe -altFont"
Don't forget the other switches. If you want, add another space then tack one of these 6 on
-ww -wd -dw -dd -colorBlind –deepColor (windowed weekly autosave, windowed daily autosave, full
screen weekly, full screen daily, use white text for most common text and initialize game in 32 bit color), such as “C:\Games\War in the Pacific.exe -dd -colorBlind".
Those patch notes have one small error that makes all the difference...these tags go
outside the quotes.
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:30 pm
by Elwro
Thanks again, I'll be sure to check the other parameters too!
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:35 pm
by rogueusmc
Note if using the -deepColor tag:
Changing to 32bit is a great thing but some of the scroll buttons need a fix available from Spooky's site that removes pink specks from the graphics where the alpha channels don't quite line up in 32bit.
And Subchasers rendition of the stock map looks beautiful in 32bit.
Semper Fi,
Lee
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:02 pm
by Cpt Sherwood
And if you are using Windowed mode, you need the same file as a fix( if you use 32 bit color for your desktop anyway).
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:02 pm
by Cpt Sherwood
Double post for some reason. [:@][&:]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:57 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood
Double post for some reason. [:@][&:]
Your just trying to get that post count up!! [:'(]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:43 pm
by Cpt Sherwood
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood
Double post for some reason. [:@][&:]
Your just trying to get that post count up!! [:'(]
I could double quote for the next 7000 posts and still not catch you! [:D]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:02 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood
Double post for some reason. [:@][&:]
Your just trying to get that post count up!! [:'(]
I could double quote for the next 7000 posts and still not catch you! [:D]
[:D] [:D]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:37 pm
by rogueusmc
And he's a middleweight...[:D]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:59 am
by rtrapasso
Yeah, the heavyweight has stepped out for the moment...
EDIT - of course, the CURRENT heavyweight still has more than 500 double-posts more than me (i.e. - more than 1K more).
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:53 am
by rogueusmc
And he's got two years on ya...quality vs. quantity?[:D]
RE: Tiny font problem - interface mods?
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:12 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
And he's got two years on ya...quality vs. quantity?[:D]
Nah - i think there is just not a lot you can say about Logs!! [:D]