Page 1 of 1
CTD
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:20 am
by DirkS67
I have recently started again to play COTA on my new computer.
However, I experience quite often CTD for various scenarios, while other scenarios might run without any problem. Moreover, the CTD seem to occur at the same moment (different for each scenario, but always at same gamepoint). For example, in the "Tanks at Platamon" scenario the CTD occurs at D2, 1200, while in the "Iraklion Historical Campaign" it occurs at D3, 0800.
Any ideas, please?
RE: CTD
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:28 am
by simovitch
The times you report (1200, 0800) may coincide with the recalculation of the in-game visibilty tables that causes a slight increase in demand of CPU resources. This in itself should not cause a crash, but may be the trigger on your machine.
Post a zipped saved game just before the crash and someone here will have a look.
RE: CTD
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 am
by Arjuna
DirkS67,
Welcome.
Yes please email a saved game to support[at]panthergames[dot]com and I'll look at it. The waved game needs to be saved before the error occurs and once loaded results in the error. Thanks.
RE: CTD
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:04 pm
by DirkS67
Thanks for your answer. I just sent two zipped saved game files in which the CTD occur. Please let me know if you need any further information.
Dirk
RE: CTD
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm
by FredSanford3
I want to bump this because I get occasional crashes at the top of the hour, commonly at 2200. Is this visibility issue on the TT list?
I can provide saved games.
RE: CTD
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 am
by Arjuna
I just ran these two saved games on the latest COTA Patch 3 build and they ran fine - TAP for several hours of game time and IHC for over an hour of game time, both well past the times reported. So whatever was afflicting them is no more.
We're testing the COTA Patch 3 installers right now. It should be out very soon.[:)]
RE: CTD
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:48 am
by FredSanford3
Great, thanks!
RE: CTD
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:09 pm
by ird
Arjuna - I'm just bumping this because I've just opened a new thread regarding a CTD at 12.00 on D2 of the Tanks at Platamon scenario. I am using the latest patch
RE: CTD
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:34 pm
by Grell
My Games crashes on at times as well, I don't know if it's at the same time.
Regards,
Grell