Page 1 of 1

Im a hex game newbie ,this game is

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:08 am
by bagpuss1966
certainly worth the £40...I spent getting it posted to me !

tbh it IS a steep /Expensive price for a UK PC game,
BUT Im really glad I got it though ;)

I did play an love the Panzer General series an this is like it...BUT Far Better ...:)

Im playing my first game ..
the Full scenario as axis ,no oil , no fog of war on normal settings ...

I can see there are minor niggles as posted here but they can be ironed out with patches an mods ..
Overal its a good satisfying experiance ...

I highly recommend this game to any nervous newbs like myself ;)

RE: Im a hex game newbie ,this game is

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:48 pm
by mavraamides
Once you get the first game under your belt, turn on oil and fog of war. Its a completely different game when you have to decide whether you can afford to use your navy, air or armored units in a turn!

Also, the Battle of the Atlantic is MUCH more interesting and challenging with FOW on.

RE: Im a hex game newbie ,this game is

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:03 pm
by MikeBrough
ORIGINAL: bagpuss1966

certainly worth the £40...I spent getting it posted to me !

tbh it IS a steep /Expensive price for a UK PC game,
BUT Im really glad I got it though ;)

I did play an love the Panzer General series an this is like it...BUT Far Better ...:)

Im playing my first game ..
the Full scenario as axis ,no oil , no fog of war on normal settings ...

I can see there are minor niggles as posted here but they can be ironed out with patches an mods ..
Overal its a good satisfying experiance ...

I highly recommend this game to any nervous newbs like myself ;)

Bagpuss, how did you manage to spend £40? It's only £31+VAT from the store.

RE: Im a hex game newbie ,this game is

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:17 am
by bagpuss1966
I ordered the game here many weeks ago I used my solo maestro card an was charged £40.15p.....! !!