Page 1 of 1

Anyone crack the code on ratings?

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:00 am
by renojedi
When you create players, how do you come up with their stats? I am trying to create an association similar to the World Baseball Classic so I have to create many of the players. But how do I make sure the ratings are correct especially when some of the players are MLB players so their ratings were predetermined.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Anyone crack the code on ratings?

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:46 pm
by PadresFan104
it's a mystery to us all I'm afraid... 

RE: Anyone crack the code on ratings?

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:32 pm
by KG Erwin
The ratings system (I think) is based on a grading curve of all players in a given season. With that, to create a guy out of the blue would be next to impossible.

This reminds me of the player cards that were part of the old APBA board game. The formula to determine the numbers was kept a closely-guarded secret (kinda like the formula to make Coca-Cola, I guess). Everyone has theories, but no one knows the exact proportions of the ingredients.