Page 1 of 1

opponents food hex

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 pm
by randell765
I took over 3 food hexs in Russia(with Germany), however, 1 of my hex's got surrounded. So I would think that this only counts as 2 food sources that I own?

And even though I have 2 food sources, I would think that because I have control of the third, that Russia does not get this resource as well. Is that correct?

RE: opponents food hex

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:40 pm
by flintlock
Keep in mind that captured food sources only count for 1/3 of their original value. Therefore you'll need 3 captured food sources to gain a single food point.

RE: opponents food hex

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:49 pm
by randell765
Ok, thank you.  But if I do have 3 of the enemy's food source they are losing 3 food points or is it still 1/3 and they are only losing 1 food point?

RE: opponents food hex

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:58 pm
by flintlock
The 1/3 rule only applies to the nation that has captured an enemy's food resource. The enemy loses the full 1 food point per each food resource lost.

RE: opponents food hex

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:51 am
by FrankHunter
Yes, the other side would be losing 3 food.