Page 1 of 1

Newperson questions

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:36 pm
by Lawyerboy
Im new in these parts but have been playing TOAW since TOAW I first came out. Two questions: 1 Who [or what, as the case may be] is Elmer? 2 Where would one get a copy of the database [bioed?] editor referred to in this forum?
[&:]

RE: Newperson questions

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:39 pm
by DuckofTindalos
"Elmer" is the name of the game's PO (Programmed Opponent), and the database editor is part of the newest patch.

RE: Newperson questions

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 pm
by Telumar
ORIGINAL: Terminus

the database editor is part of the newest patch.

Not exactly. "BioEd"ed equipment files are supported with the latest patch. You can get BioEd here: http://www.tdg.nu/download/bioed.htm Read also the 'How to edit the equipment database.pdf' accessable via the start menue.



RE: Newperson questions

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:05 pm
by DuckofTindalos
D'oh! Sorry about that...

RE: Newperson happiness

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:41 pm
by Lawyerboy
Thanks for the help. Did not have the latest update. By way of compensation I can offer the following TOAW maps which I have collected from the net over the years. Please note that the * marked ones do not load on T3. I get an error noting wrong size: Luzon, Panama*, Timor 42, USA 1941, Taiwan*, SW Pacific*, New Guinea, Leyte*, USA 1990, Guam. [:D] DK

RE: Newperson happiness

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:51 pm
by ralphtricky
ORIGINAL: Lawyerboy

Thanks for the help. Did not have the latest update. By way of compensation I can offer the following TOAW maps which I have collected from the net over the years. Please note that the * marked ones do not load on T3. I get an error noting wrong size: Luzon, Panama*, Timor 42, USA 1941, Taiwan*, SW Pacific*, New Guinea, Leyte*, USA 1990, Guam. [:D] DK
They probably need to be opened in COW(Opart 300) and resaved.

BTW, You forgot to attach them. I've done this (forgetting) many, many times<g>.