Page 1 of 1
Finnish Partisans
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:16 pm
by Mrtyphoon
Playing a PBEM as Axis and on the last turn just played some Finnish Partisans appeared is this correct? and has anyone else seen them?
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:50 pm
by targul
Yep I had them pop up once and it doomed Lenningrad. I was Axis so that extra unit was all I needed to finish off that rotting sewer of a city.
BTW I really like Lenningrad visited it a few years ago and it has more art at the Hermitage then anywhere I have visted. Made the Louve look like a small gallery.
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:02 pm
by gdpsnake
I've seen partisans in just about every country and almost no explanation in the on-line manual. Greece, Yugoslavia, Poland, France, Russia, etc. Seems they can pop up in any country you are attacking based on a random chance. I've seen as many as three a turn in Russia. A good motivator to conquer ANY country as soon as possible so they don't pop up and ruin your day
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:20 pm
by Dave Ferguson
I am Typhoons opponent in that PBEM game and the problem is the Finnish partisan appeared in FINLAND, right by the border up north. I can't see why this should happen as russia has not invaded Finland and the hex where they appeared is pure finnish territory.
Dave
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 pm
by targul
All countries at war can have partisans appear. For some reason they dont appear once conquered. Doesnt make alot of sense but that is how they choose to do it. I would think partisans would appear after the surrender as they did in the war but nope they are simply an augment to your forces as the game portrays them.
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 pm
by IrishGuards
Yep they did .. Its that annexation by Russia that happens in the game .. at the same point I guess ...
IDG
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:39 am
by Dave Ferguson
In my case the partisan appeared in Finnish controlled territory that had always been under control. The 2 hexes next to Leningrad had been reoccupied a couple of turns earlier so there was NO Finnish territory under USSR control, so no reason to have a partisan appear. this must be a bug.
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:15 pm
by targul
It is not a bug. That is how the game was designed. They were at war if you are at war partisan can and do appear. They can appear in controlled or uncontrolled hexes. I dont agree with this design but it is the design so it is not a bug.
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:56 pm
by Dave Ferguson
So russian partisans can appear in russia behind the front line in russian territory on the russian side of the front!
dave
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:10 pm
by firepowerjohan
Partisans should only appear in hexes owned by the enemy of the Partisans, else there is a bug. Please send a screenshot showing any Partisan that appeared in a wrong place.
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:34 pm
by targul
Far as I can tell yes. They have. I have also seen it in France.
RE: Finnish Partisans
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 pm
by Dave Ferguson
here is a screenshot of the allied turn, the partisans appeared at the start of the axis turn?
the partisans appeared north of lake ladoga in a hex that had never been russian occupied
dave
