Page 1 of 2
Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm
by David Heath
Hello Everyone
I ran across this last night and I was simply amazed [X(]
They are making full featured episodes of the Orginal Star Trek that you can download and burn to DVD or view them online. The production of these episodes are great. [&o] If you have any love for Sci-fi or Star Trek check it out. Leave a post and let me know what you think.
http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/index.html
David
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:24 pm
by pkpowers
Just watched the first two scenes of "in harms way"...most logical...

...the computer graphics really enhance it
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm
by JudgeDredd
No, no, no....all wrong. [:-]
Very, very clearly very amateur actors. Scottys accent is awful.
It's just all so very wrong. [:-] [:-] [:-]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:20 pm
by David Heath
Well I must admit I think they should re-cast Scottys but the rest of them are pretty good.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:36 pm
by EUBanana
There is a Next Generation one as well out there, I forget the name. All done with bluescreen, the later series of them are pretty good. The early ones are not.
There are a /lot/ of episodes of this one though.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:26 pm
by Jevhaddah_Slitherine
Downloading it now on my dodgy Rural Scottish Broadband... should be done by this time next year [:D]
Cheers
Jev
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:32 am
by TOMLABEL
ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
No, no, no....all wrong. [:-]
Very, very clearly very amateur actors. Scottys accent is awful.
It's just all so very wrong. [:-] [:-] [:-]
Totally agree. This is the worst stuff I've seen yet.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:11 am
by Kuokkanen
Appearance of George Takei should be enough to show that these guys are serious [X(]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:06 pm
by Kuokkanen
Why you green blooded inhuman son of a...
John Kelley plays McCoy's part well [:D]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:45 pm
by JudgeDredd
No...none of them play any part well. They are terrible, terrible actors. I doubt, judging by the state of the acting, that any of them have attended anything more than a weekend course in acting. [:D]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm
by TOMLABEL
ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
No...none of them play any part well. They are terrible, terrible actors. I doubt, judging by the state of the acting, that any of them have attended anything more than a weekend course in acting. [:D]
No kidding! At first I thought this was a comedy, until I realized that they were trying to be serious![:D][:D]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 pm
by Hanal
ehh...they mean well, and there is no monetary cost to watch it, so no harm no foul...not really worth the time being critical of it, just applaud the effort and leave it at that...
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 pm
by JudgeDredd
u can applaude the effort, JP....I'll be the critical voice [:D]
u r correct, it didn't cost me anything. But that's really a side issue. Someone needs to tell these people that acting isn't for them and let them get a job they're good at so they can contribute to the tax bill. [:'(]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:57 pm
by PunkReaper
u can applaude the effort, JP....I'll be the critical voice
u r correct, it didn't cost me anything. But that's really a side issue. Someone needs to tell these people that acting isn't for them and let them get a job they're good at so they can contribute to the tax bill.
You really are Simon Cowell from X-Factor aren't you....come on be honest. [:D]
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:39 am
by TOMLABEL
I remember when I saw the first few episodes of TNG first season and thought I would puke. It took time, but they finally pulled together an extremely great series by year three.
I see this stuff and my first impressions are far worse. This crap doesn't stand a chance even though the graphics are nicely done.
Just my 2 cents.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:29 pm
by 06 Maestro
A ship full of metro-sexuals? I think I'll pass.
I was a fan of the original Star Trek; loved it-even with its comical special effects.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:46 pm
by toph
For a fan effort New Voyages is quite good, but if you've seen many fan films, you know that isn't saying much.
I actually prefer this one
http://www.starshipexeter.com/
There are only two episodes and the second, the "Tressaurian Intersection" is the better one. The effects are suprisingly good and I think the acting is better than New Voyages. Again, that's not saying it's great.[;)]
BTW, the Next Generation fan series is called Hidden Frontier. They have a ton of episodes, but I never could get into them. The acting makes New Voyages seem positively Shakespearean.
http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/
Also, I've been watching some of the original series episodes recently. The re-mastered ones are being aired on a local station. It's so much more noticeable to me now how over the top Shatner's acting was. I have a hard time watching now.
I read some blurb about how Nicholas Meyer would do many, many takes when filming Star Trek II in an attempt to tire Shatner out and get a more subdued performance from him. If it's true, then I gotta say it mostly worked. Except for, "Khaaaaaan!"
http://www.khaaan.com/
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:57 pm
by EUBanana
ORIGINAL: toph
BTW, the Next Generation fan series is called Hidden Frontier. They have a ton an episodes, but I never could get into them. The acting makes New Voyages seem positively Shakespearean.
http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/
The first season is eyewateringly bad in all regards, acting, effects, /everything/. It is truly dire.
But the later seasons are considerably better. Unfortunately you kinda have to plow through the first couple as theres a huge ongoing storyline, and missing out the beginning = bad.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42 pm
by toph
I did watch a couple of the later Hidden Frontier episodes and I agree that it was improved, but not enough to compel me to get through the early stuff. I do give them points for having cohesive story lines. They've certainly made a huge effort. Again, it's impressive for a fan show. In fact, even though it isn't my cup of tea I still consider it better than some "professional" television. Did anyone watch the Flash Gordon remake on Sci-Fi? Utter dreck, painfully awful.
RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:44 pm
by Brigz
ORIGINAL: toph
Also, I've been watching some of the original series episodes recently. The re-mastered ones are being aired on a local station. It's so much more noticeable to me now how over the top Shatner's acting was. I have a hard time watching now.
I've watched all the original episodes on DVD on a High Def TV and it's not the over-acting that stands out, it's the photographic detail that jumps out at you. Every blemish and pore on the actors faces stands out in glaring detail. Their makeup is quite visible. You can also see all the repair and cheesiness of the props and sets. Repair work on walls and doors is easily seen. It's amazing what could be hidden with late 1960's TV analog broadcasting. It's worth watching just to see the all the production detail that you would never have seen before.