Page 1 of 2
Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:02 pm
by KDonovan
for those that have played Japan into the later years of the war, will my japanese oppenant be facing a supply shortage in the home islands??
here's the situation, i've essentially cut off the Home Islands from the DEI since March of 1944 (with an exception of a few blockade runners). I've been pounding the Home Islands Industry since then as well, destroying about 50-60% of the Industry there. I've taken that island b/t Korea and Japan to prevent supply coming from there.
so my question is by mid-1945, if this continues...will there be a good chance that the home islands will be out of supply....or does japan's reserves prevent that from ever happening?
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:46 am
by Marten
it seems that we have the same problem... [:(]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:19 pm
by Rapunzel
It all depends how much the japan player has shipped out of japan... . Against the AI I allready had the pleasure to invade japan against only low suplied japanese.
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:18 pm
by aztez
This is the exact same question I would like to know!
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:28 pm
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: KDonovan
for those that have played Japan into the later years of the war, will my japanese oppenant be facing a supply shortage in the home islands??
here's the situation, i've essentially cut off the Home Islands from the DEI since March of 1944 (with an exception of a few blockade runners). I've been pounding the Home Islands Industry since then as well, destroying about 50-60% of the Industry there. I've taken that island b/t Korea and Japan to prevent supply coming from there.
so my question is by mid-1945, if this continues...will there be a good chance that the home islands will be out of supply....or does japan's reserves prevent that from ever happening?
short answer: NO!
long answer: no he won´t suffer from supply shortages!
Stock game? If so, then your opponent will have something like 5.000.000 - 6.000.000 supplies on map. Don´t know how much he will have on the HI but probably something like 1.000.000 if he doesn´t go wild in repairing his industry. If you don´t repair thousands of oil / HI / ressource points during the game then YOU WILL NEVER FACE ANY SUPPLY SHORTAGES AS JAPAN!!!
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:12 pm
by KDonovan
short answer: NO!
long answer: no he won´t suffer from supply shortages!
Stock game? If so, then your opponent will have something like 5.000.000 - 6.000.000 supplies on map. Don´t know how much he will have on the HI but probably something like 1.000.000 if he doesn´t go wild in repairing his industry. If you don´t repair thousands of oil / HI / ressource points during the game then YOU WILL NEVER FACE ANY SUPPLY SHORTAGES AS JAPAN!!!
so despite a year+ blockade of the Home Islands, and constant Bombing of her industry....if i plan to invade the Home Islands, i'll be facing a well supplied, well fortified army that can respond to any landing point in concentration on a rail line that can't be destroyed?
i'm starting to wonder if invading the home islands is near impossible in my game
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:07 pm
by aztez
ORIGINAL: castor troy
ORIGINAL: KDonovan
for those that have played Japan into the later years of the war, will my japanese oppenant be facing a supply shortage in the home islands??
here's the situation, i've essentially cut off the Home Islands from the DEI since March of 1944 (with an exception of a few blockade runners). I've been pounding the Home Islands Industry since then as well, destroying about 50-60% of the Industry there. I've taken that island b/t Korea and Japan to prevent supply coming from there.
so my question is by mid-1945, if this continues...will there be a good chance that the home islands will be out of supply....or does japan's reserves prevent that from ever happening?
short answer: NO!
long answer: no he won´t suffer from supply shortages!
Stock game? If so, then your opponent will have something like 5.000.000 - 6.000.000 supplies on map. Don´t know how much he will have on the HI but probably something like 1.000.000 if he doesn´t go wild in repairing his industry. If you don´t repair thousands of oil / HI / ressource points during the game then YOU WILL NEVER FACE ANY SUPPLY SHORTAGES AS JAPAN!!!
Any chance of breaking the bad news more gently!?! [:D][:D]
Damn, I'am already invading Home Islands and now you are telling me this! [:-]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:22 pm
by RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: KDonovan
so despite a year+ blockade of the Home Islands, and constant Bombing of her industry....if i plan to invade the Home Islands, i'll be facing a well supplied, well fortified army that can respond to any landing point in concentration on a rail line that can't be destroyed?
i'm starting to wonder if invading the home islands is near impossible in my game
The blockade was not as tight as you might have though. Several blockade runners made it through.
Just invade and then you will get your answer[:D]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:31 pm
by pompack
ORIGINAL: KDonovan
so despite a year+ blockade of the Home Islands, and constant Bombing of her industry....if i plan to invade the Home Islands, i'll be facing a well supplied, well fortified army that can respond to any landing point in concentration on a rail line that can't be destroyed?
i'm starting to wonder if invading the home islands is near impossible in my game
Note that blockade and bombing of industry are not additive: Oil and Resource are needed by Industry so bombing the industry simply means that the Japanese need fewer resources to keep their remaining industry going.
In fact, since the usual flow of supply is OUT of the HI, you may have INCREASED the HI supply stockpile with the blockade! [:D]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:42 pm
by aztez
Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! [8|][8|] ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.
...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us! [:D]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:45 pm
by VSWG
ORIGINAL: aztez
Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! [8|][8|] ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.
...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us! [:D]
You have to learn to stop worrying and love the bomb. [;)]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:03 pm
by SireChaos
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: KDonovan
so despite a year+ blockade of the Home Islands, and constant Bombing of her industry....if i plan to invade the Home Islands, i'll be facing a well supplied, well fortified army that can respond to any landing point in concentration on a rail line that can't be destroyed?
i'm starting to wonder if invading the home islands is near impossible in my game
The blockade was not as tight as you might have though. Several blockade runners made it through.
Just invade and then you will get your answer[:D]
A single blockade runner cannot carry that much. A small AK can carry resources to delay a shortage by 1/2 day; a large AK, for 1 day. A small TK can carry oil for 1 day, a large TK for 2 days. So, statistically (if blockade runners consist of all four types in roughly equal proportions), each blockade runner can delay the onset of shortage by about .6 days. I´d be surprised if blockade runners make a difference of two weeks (that would take about 23 of them).
(With "delay shortage", I mean that the shipment plus the resource/oil production of the Home Islands on a given day is enough to keep all HI going for that one day.)
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:57 am
by FeurerKrieg
I'll also point out, that you can have plenty of supply, and if you are out of armanment points due to a lack of HI, ground attacks that result in dead squads will not be replaced, regardless of the volume of supplies.
And then of course HI shortages affect aircraft as well making bombing that much easier.
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:06 pm
by Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: aztez
Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! [8|][8|] ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.
...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us! [:D]
Don't forget that resource centers produce supply too.
Why am I telling you this? I'm a JFB. *Slaps Self*
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:36 pm
by aztez
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: aztez
Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! [8|][8|] ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.
...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us! [:D]
Don't forget that resource centers produce supply too.
Why am I telling you this? I'm a JFB. *Slaps Self*
[:D][:D] ... I don't mind the information!
There are not many resource centers left at Home Islands... not much else either.. [:D]
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:14 pm
by RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: aztez
Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! [8|][8|] ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.
...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us! [:D]
Don't forget that resource centers produce supply too.
Why am I telling you this? I'm a JFB. *Slaps Self*
Give yourself a slap from me too
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:17 pm
by aztez
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: aztez
Ok. This is not good news.. so basically what the information here is that even that I have bombed 90% of Japanese Home Island industry into stoneage vs Erstad he should not be running low on supplies... actually vice versa thus meaning that those 300 000 men I have landed at Kagoshima aren't going find any good news coming for them! [8|][8|] ...the invasion doesn't look like an bright idea after this.
...ok.. now I need stop worrying about this too much and let KDonovan worry about this for all of us! [:D]
Don't forget that resource centers produce supply too.
Why am I telling you this? I'm a JFB. *Slaps Self*
Give yourself a slap from me too
[:D][:D] ...We must protect Mike! [:-] ...he can reveal a lot more information!
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:20 pm
by RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg
I'll also point out, that you can have plenty of supply, and if you are out of armanment points due to a lack of HI, ground attacks that result in dead squads will not be replaced, regardless of the volume of supplies.
And then of course HI shortages affect aircraft as well making bombing that much easier.
Not a problem[:D]:

RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:33 pm
by KDonovan
so that stinks...no matter how much bombing i do my oppenant has a untouchable pool of Armament, HI, Manpower points from which to produce supply and re-equip entire armies.
RE: Japanese Home Island Supply in 1945
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:35 pm
by Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg
I'll also point out, that you can have plenty of supply, and if you are out of armanment points due to a lack of HI, ground attacks that result in dead squads will not be replaced, regardless of the volume of supplies.
And then of course HI shortages affect aircraft as well making bombing that much easier.
Not a problem[:D]:
What's the one Nissan engine for, the museum? [:'(]