Page 1 of 1

Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:27 am
by Hortlund
An aircraft that has been damaged in aa-combat on route to a target, does it have its accuracy affected? If yes, how much?

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:11 am
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

An aircraft that has been damaged in aa-combat on route to a target, does it have its accuracy affected? If yes, how much?


wonder if you will get an answer to this. And if you will get one, wonder again if it will be more than "no" or "yes"... [:D]

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:36 am
by Hortlund
Well, I just realized that this is a rather important question since mods in general tend to tone down the bloodiness of aircombat, and while lots of a/c gets damaged, in most aircombats, the bomber will get through.
 
I have not seen this as a problem because I have assumed that those aircraft that get damaged will have their effectiveness reduced, but I realized that Ive never had that verified before.
 
I know that landbased-aaa does not affect bomber accuracy, but here the aircombat takes place before the actual bombing-phase.
 

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:03 pm
by Marten
ah, fresh question after all these years of playing [&o]

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:22 pm
by Feinder
I don't know the answer, but I do like Marten's avatar...  [:)]
 
-F-

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:28 pm
by wild_Willie2
No, damaged ac do not have their accuracy impaired.....
Read something about this years ago when somebody did some testing and found it very disturbing then...

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:31 am
by Nikademus
If the damage was the result of A2A attack, yes it's accuracy is impacted. The more hits for damage from this type of attack, the heavier the disruption, the worse the accuracy.

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:59 am
by ilovestrategy
I like Marten's avatar too!

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:16 pm
by Hortlund
ORIGINAL: Nikademus

If the damage was the result of A2A attack, yes it's accuracy is impacted. The more hits for damage from this type of attack, the heavier the disruption, the worse the accuracy.

Thats really great news Nik. Thanks for the answer.

RE: Damaged aircraft, how accurate?

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:32 am
by Marten
oh, bugger off, answer the question! [:D]
i like j lo's avatarass, but who cares? [:-]