Page 1 of 6

Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:20 am
by DD696
Now that there has been a good discussion on the possible WITP news and since my cat "Too Much Trouble" (black of course in honor of Halloween today) is off the keyboard at the moment, I'd like to give my take on this potential news. Note that it has never been said that any "product" is coming before Christmas, only "news" of some sort. The actual "product" may be a ways down the road yet. There have been a few hints given.

Two of the major programmers, Don Bowen and MichaelM, have been mostly missing in action for the past 14 months. Don has just recently been popping in and poking and prodding the poor inmates of this zoo. JWilkerson has been strangely quiet for the past few weeks and not even chastising the various fanboy cliques, let alone enforcing the "issues not people" edict. A progammer or two or three can do quite a bit of programming in a year's time. Might it be that the ground combat system has been substantially tweaked? Or numerous other bugs have been stamped out (hopefully)? Waypoints have been added? Or could it be that the database limitations have been significantly done away with so that more land, air and sea units can now be added to the game (this is one I would really like to see)? Could it be that (much to the disgust of the majority of posters here) the AI has been vastly improved (another item that would greatly improve the game)? Could it be that we could now have an editor that will work on a game in progress in order to do away with all those restarts that have to be done due to data errors (I personally would pay a four figure price for something like this)? Could we now have variable allied production facilities? All of the above? And more? Less? What are we willing to accept? Obiviously any little morsel will please us to some extent, but this appears to be a big bite of ?????. My personal fear is that those of us who play the AI are going to be shortchanged since we don't make near as much noise as do the PBEM clique.

Andrew Brown has been working on his "new map" for even longer, and CHS has been dormant for two years come next February. One hint has been that the map is getting even larger. Could it be thirty mile hexes, or even twenty? Maybe it could even outdo RHS and give us the Azore Islands on the map (surely that is as important as South Africa and Madagascar)? Is a greatly new and improved CHS about to become an official add-on? TreeSpider made an attempt to improve CHS and after a couple updates to his mod he went missing in action, gone since last June. Is he a part of this?

Pry had a project to update the stock database and he has not been heard from since last December.

The main tester has been very quiet for a long time now also. Who else have been missing in action over the past many months? What are their specialities? There is an official gag order out on this project which makes it our duty to attempt to speculate wildly. And how much are we going to be willing to pay for whatever it turns out to be, for it must be too good to be free.

New and scaled art? Better animations? Hourly turns? A muzzle for Terminus?

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 am
by rtrapasso
A muzzle for Terminus?

You seriously need consider cutting down on the use of any psychotropic substances!! [:D] [:'(]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
by DuckofTindalos
Interesting speculations you have going there, DD696... Of course, I couldn't possibly comment...[:D]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:14 pm
by wild_Willie2
Is this going to start a frenzy or yet ANOTHER thread........
[:D][:D][:D][:D]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:20 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Maybe if people start enough speculation threads to strain the server, it'll speed up the official announcement.[:D]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:25 pm
by SireChaos
Rumor has it that I´m not listening to rumors any more.

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:30 pm
by AW1Steve
[:(] I'm rapidly transitioning from mildly annoyed with the teasing/no comment/just wait and see hints from Matrix to the total apathetic , ask me If I give a #$$%^ category. Any more "hints" from Matrix or it's minions will probably move me into the royaly &^%**(& category . Were upon I'll find another hobby. This isn't the only game Matrix is doing this on. Either someone has a truly malious sense of humor or a failed his marketing course. [:-]
 Anybody else out there had enough?[:(]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:36 pm
by MarcA
I am going to laugh myself silly if after all this white hot speculation it turns out to be new art work for the loading screen.


RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:38 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

[:(] I'm rapidly transitioning from mildly annoyed with the teasing/no comment/just wait and see hints from Matrix to the total apathetic , ask me If I give a #$$%^ category. Any more "hints" from Matrix or it's minions will probably move me into the royaly &^%**(& category . Were upon I'll find another hobby. This isn't the only game Matrix is doing this on. Either someone has a truly malious sense of humor or a failed his marketing course. [:-]
Anybody else out there had enough?[:(]

Yeah, more than a few...

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:44 pm
by Speedysteve
Yup 100% agree with you Steve. I'm actually getting pretty fed up of reading this cr*p. It's like having a beautiful naked woman in front of you but not being able to.................[;)]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:03 pm
by Ian R
See other threads [;)]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 pm
by AW1Steve
[:D] There were a couple of other Matrix games I was about to buy. That's on hold. When they stop screwing with me , maybe I'll reach for my wallet. If we all did that , we could pretty much expect the nonsense to stop.    Some day , I expect software companies will get smart and give the software away for free. THEN charge for the fixes and upgrades.   As it is now , well imagine buying a new car. ......."Yes sir , the window wipers don't work , but we are working on that and expect a patch sometime.......".[:D]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 pm
by jumper
ORIGINAL: mantill

I am going to laugh myself silly if after all this white hot speculation it turns out to be new art work for the loading screen.


Or possibility to order a T-shirt with "I Love WITP" on the back.. That is my personal nightmare. Everytime I´m full of expectations of christmass gifts, I end up with some new T-shirt.. [:(] [;)]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:09 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: jumper

ORIGINAL: mantill

I am going to laugh myself silly if after all this white hot speculation it turns out to be new art work for the loading screen.


Or possibility to order a T-shirt with "I Love WITP" on the back.. That is my personal nightmare. Everytime I´m full of expectations of christmass gifts, I end up with some new T-shirt.. [:(] [;)]

Better than socks!!

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:16 pm
by jumper
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: jumper

ORIGINAL: mantill

I am going to laugh myself silly if after all this white hot speculation it turns out to be new art work for the loading screen.


Or possibility to order a T-shirt with "I Love WITP" on the back.. That is my personal nightmare. Everytime I´m full of expectations of christmass gifts, I end up with some new T-shirt.. [:(] [;)]

Better than socks!!

True.. Personaly I consider such "gifts" as cheating! [:)]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:20 pm
by mc3744
I cannot disagree with you guys. [:)]

Still, I'm really hoping these "voices" will prove substantial one day. Possibly not too late.

Last week I purchased my first new PC games since WitP came out!

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:25 pm
by Mike Scholl
ORIGINAL: mc3744

I cannot disagree with you guys. [:)]

Still, I'm really hoping these "voices" will prove substantial one day. Possibly not too late.

Last week I purchased my first new PC games since WitP came out!


What we all really need to be doing is ignoring these "teasers" and "promises" until something substantial is actually put on the plate. PUT UP..., OR SHUT UP! That's my attitude...

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:31 pm
by tsimmonds
Allied production, maybe? Nah, nobody would like that....[;)]

edit: Oops, sorry Mike! [:'(][;)]

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:32 pm
by AW1Steve
Let's go on stike! Don't buy games! Don't play to their egos! When I'm banned from saying this , I can be reached at AW1Steve@yahoo.com . Ignore them. Seriously..no more game purchases till they stop playing with us.[:@][:@][:@]
ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

ORIGINAL: mc3744

I cannot disagree with you guys. [:)]

Still, I'm really hoping these "voices" will prove substantial one day. Possibly not too late.

Last week I purchased my first new PC games since WitP came out!


What we all really need to be doing is ignoring these "teasers" and "promises" until something substantial is actually put on the plate. PUT UP..., OR SHUT UP! That's my attitude...

RE: Im-Possible WITP News

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:33 pm
by bradfordkay
C'mon guys... it's like your girlfriend doing a strip tease. She starts with the gloves, and oh so slowly builds you up into a frenzy. Those who enjoy the slow tease end up having a more satisfying relationship than those who go for the "wham, bam, thank you mam" action...