Page 1 of 1

Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:42 pm
by PunkReaper
AGEOD's Napoleon's campaigns is out, as is the demo. Any word of when it will be available for download through Matrix?

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:48 pm
by Erik Rutins
We are still working out the details, but we hope to have news on that soon.

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:09 pm
by Gil R.
Okay, I give up -- why the heck is everyone using the abbreviation "NCP," when the game's full name appears to be "Napoleon's Campaigns"? That's how it's listed at AGEOD's website, in the banners that the AGEOD team and beta-testers use in their posts, etc. So what does the 'P' stand for? "Pocus"?

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:45 pm
by PunkReaper
I shall wait patiently.........is it ready yet?[:D]

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:14 pm
by Sytass
ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Okay, I give up -- why the heck is everyone using the abbreviation "NCP," when the game's full name appears to be "Napoleon's Campaigns"? That's how it's listed at AGEOD's website, in the banners that the AGEOD team and beta-testers use in their posts, etc. So what does the 'P' stand for? "Pocus"?


Because NC alone might confuse Americans that this might be a simulator of North Carolina state affirs? ;)

I guess people prefer three plus letter abbreviations for games ... I'd prefer ANC myself. :)

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:51 pm
by Adam Parker
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

Any word of when it will be available for download through Matrix?

I'm just curious Punk Reaper but is there any reason not to download the game from AGEOD's own store?

Are you expecting anything extra in the game from Matrix or a cheaper price?

I don't think Erik to his credit has ever suggested any involvement of Matrix in the development of AGEOD's games or any differences in the games/price.

Matrix did help make Birth of America more accessible at a time when AGEOD's websire www.ageod.com was hard to navigate IMO but those days are now over.

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:37 pm
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Adam Parker
I don't think Erik to his credit has ever suggested any involvement of Matrix in the development of AGEOD's games or any differences in the games/price.

That's correct Adam, we've never claimed any development involvement and in fact I've steered folks to AGEOD's site as well - after all, AGEOD end up getting more from each purchase if you buy directly from them. AGEOD and we enjoy a very cordial relationship and the one thing neither of us really understand is the rivalry that some folks in the past have wanted to engender. I cannot recommend AGEOD's own policies and support highly enough, buying directly from them is a fine way to go. We're also fans of their games though and want to give them the widest possible distribution.

We do appreciate those customers who choose to buy their AGEOD titles from us and we hope that our commitment to our customers, online store and support policies are the reason for that choice (as well as those customers of ours who simply don't get over to AGEOD regularly and aren't aware of their latest and greatest until they show up here).

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:41 pm
by Zap
Can't speak for Punk Reaper but he must be a loyal Matrix custmer. I can understand why.

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:18 pm
by PunkReaper
The reason I prefer to buy from Matrix is because I have bought numerous games from them in the past and have had great service. Downloads work, boxed game arrives quickly and when I have had a problem it was resolved quickly. It may sound like a commercial for Matrix games but I would prefer to stick with a company I have been satisfied with. Also Erik says I can have EiA free if I wrote this. [:D]

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:30 pm
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper
Also Erik says I can have EiA free if I wrote this. [:D]

SHHHHH!! [:-] (and thanks [;)])

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:37 pm
by Adam Parker
ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

The reason I prefer to buy from Matrix is because I have bought numerous games from them in the past and have had great service. Downloads work, boxed game arrives quickly and when I have had a problem it was resolved quickly.

Yes, I know how you feel but I want to assure you that AGEOD's shop front to my pleasant surprise, is as easy and professional to use as Digital River. Place order, download link ready!

One big difference I've found is that I don't need to dredge up my serial number each time I need to apply a patch. With my Matrix games I do and I hate that [;)]

I bought my BoA from AGEOD a week or two before there was a whisper of Matrix getting involved as a shop front too. My biggest issue with AGEOD was that finding the buy link was so hard! They've now taken on this criticism and made it plain and clear. So I bought ACW from them too. And I just downloaded the Nap demo - 500megs long!

No issues ever.

AGEOD has since given me the faith to try other company's shops now. I pray that one day HPS opens its own too. I've begged 'em.

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:55 pm
by Erik Rutins
Adam,

Just FYI, we don't repackage AGEOD's updates, so you don't need your serial number when applying their updates to their releases purchased through our store either. Also, if you register your serial number when you buy your game or just go to www.findmyorder.com, you can retrieve a serial number for any past purchase.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Napoleon's campaigns

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:04 am
by Adam Parker
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Adam,

Just FYI, we don't repackage AGEOD's updates, so you don't need your serial number when applying their updates to their releases purchased through our store either.

Thanks for that Erik. Had no idea.

I've said it before but in the days of dial up when I couldn't do it I was a big opponent of digital dowload and then with a new system and ADSL you guys introduced me to the concept and showed me how comfortable it could be.

You personally also introduced me to Star Downloader [:)] Haven't regretted that advice either.