Page 1 of 1
First bug!
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:35 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Okay, the situation: I open up the WestPac battleset and select the "The Backyard" scenario. When I click on "New Game", the game exits with an exception error. This is the only WestPac scenario this has happened with so far.
My relevant specs: E4500 2.2Ghz Dual Core, 2Gb RAM, WinXP SP2, up-to-date drivers.
RE: First bug!
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:55 pm
by CV32
The scenario is working fine here.
RE: First bug!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:11 am
by DuckofTindalos
Not here...[:(]
RE: First bug!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:06 am
by Aerohead
Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. To help you track down the bug, here's a bit more info: This crash only seems to happen when I select NO to "Start With Full Ordinance", which I usually do. If I leave this on YES the scenario will start up just fine. I can select NO for any combination of the other options and it will start up OK.
RE: First bug!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:35 am
by CV32
ORIGINAL: Aerohead
Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. To help you track down the bug, here's a bit more info: This crash only seems to happen when I select NO to "Start With Full Ordinance", which I usually do. If I leave this on YES the scenario will start up just fine. I can select NO for any combination of the other options and it will start up OK.
Okay, that helps a lot. I'm able to replicate that error here. Terminus, were you trying it the same way ?
RE: First bug!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:02 am
by TonyE
Added to bug tracking system
http://www.advancedgaming.biz/mantis/view.php?id=2347
(not publicly viewable, sorry, but I want the reference)
RE: First bug!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:22 am
by TonyE
Bug squashed on this end. Each side in the scenario can be assigned a percent chance the units on that side will have a less than full missile alotment. That works fine for scenarios that don't have neutrals, it doesn't work for such scenarios as The Backyard.
Anyway, it is fixed for the first patch, thank you for the report.
Fixed: GE 2007.026 Mantis 2347
RE: First bug!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:58 am
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: CV32
ORIGINAL: Aerohead
Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem. To help you track down the bug, here's a bit more info: This crash only seems to happen when I select NO to "Start With Full Ordinance", which I usually do. If I leave this on YES the scenario will start up just fine. I can select NO for any combination of the other options and it will start up OK.
Okay, that helps a lot. I'm able to replicate that error here. Terminus, were you trying it the same way ?
That's exactly it; I've always played with NO to "full ordnance".
Works fine now with "full ordnance" on YES.