Page 1 of 1
Problem with the editor
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:42 pm
by AW1Steve
Everytime I try to activate the editor I get the following message--Cannot find file c:\ Matrix Games\HCE\WSCENDT.EXE .
I re-installed three different times , and tried all the exe files. Any suggestions? Thanks.
RE: Problem with the editor
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 pm
by Divefreak
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Everytime I try to activate the editor I get the following message--Cannot find file c:\ Matrix Games\HCE\WSCENDT.EXE .
I re-installed three different times , and tried all the exe files. Any suggestions? Thanks.
check your HCE Folder for that file...
Regards René
RE: Problem with the editor
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:25 pm
by AW1Steve
ORIGINAL: Divefreak
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Everytime I try to activate the editor I get the following message--Cannot find file c:\ Matrix Games\HCE\WSCENDT.EXE .
I re-installed three different times , and tried all the exe files. Any suggestions? Thanks.
check your HCE Folder for that file...
Regards René
[:)]Thanks. I was clicking on that file when I got the message. No joy , it's like a hollow file. Any other ideas where I might find it? One other thing , I have earlier Harpoon edtions on my computer (97) and ANW.
RE: Problem with the editor
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 am
by TonyE
Please grab
http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=228 it just deletes HCE registry entries, the one we really care about is HKCR\Software\Matrix Games\HCE\Options\BattlesetPath. Running the program you download from the above link will reset all of your HCE window positions (sorry) and game settings.
Run that after restarting your machine and before trying to run the program.
Once that fails to help, zip up your wscenedt.exe and e-mail it to
HC3@harpgamer.com
RE: Problem with the editor
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:14 pm
by Boomer01
Tony, I am having the same problem with WSCENEDIT.EXE. I downloaded the file and ran it to clean the register, restarted my machine, and in the HCE directory, I clicked on the program. I get a "beep" and nothing more.
I will send a zip of my WSCENEDIT.EXE and send it via email.
Regards, Terry