Page 1 of 1

1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:49 pm
by SMK-at-work
I have a stack of German artillery that will not fire - they are in 100% supply, I have barrages left, they are not over stacked, but the option to reload and shoot is greyed out (and they are not already loaded)

Image

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:17 pm
by SMK-at-work
Changing back to 1.2 "fixed" it....

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:25 pm
by Joel Rauber
ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

Changing back to 1.2 "fixed" it....
SMK,

As that looks like our game, I wonder if it was a v1.2 v1.21 compatibility issue? It also confirms how one of my Russian stacks got vaporized. I was thinking that you had successfully researched phasors[:D]

Actually it had to be a huge stack of artillery. I'm learning what not to do as the Russians in this game.

So does this mean we are both back to V1.2? (Note: in my last CP strategic phase I declined to raid with my free DN, and plan not to do any more DN raiding, if we both agree to that for both the games?)

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:16 pm
by SMK-at-work
1.2 & 1.21 are compatable, and there are still problems in 1.2 that need to be solved - if you're not having any problems in 1.21 I'd suggest you keep it until you do have some problems with it.
 
so the stack was vaporised huh?  I thought you might just have moved away! :) Did the 2nd stack get vaporised too??!! :) 
 
This used to be de rigur in 1.0 when artillery was only 1 stacking point - you could get all the German artillery into 1 hex & blast holes in anyone....at least now it's a bit rarer!
 
Trenches help too....you should be buying Trenches for the Russians every strat move.....

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 pm
by hjaco
He is using sharp sliced Kiwi as ammunition [;)]

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 am
by Joel Rauber
ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

1.2 & 1.21 are compatable, and there are still problems in 1.2 that need to be solved - if you're not having any problems in 1.21 I'd suggest you keep it until you do have some problems with it.

so the stack was vaporised huh? I thought you might just have moved away! :) Did the 2nd stack get vaporised too??!! :)

This used to be de rigur in 1.0 when artillery was only 1 stacking point - you could get all the German artillery into 1 hex & blast holes in anyone....at least now it's a bit rarer!

Trenches help too....you should be buying Trenches for the Russians every strat move.....

I'm using V1.2, and I'm not telling about the other stack, at least not yet![:@]

Trenches have been bought, of course the first phase I couldn't buy any. Right?

Are we agreed to not use DN on raid missions, anymore??

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:40 am
by SMK-at-work
You mean now that you've used them to trash my Atlantic shipping on one game i'm not allowed to do the same in our other one??!! [:D][:D]
 
Hey I would never do such a thing anyway.....[;)]

RE: 1.21 artillery bug?

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:47 pm
by Joel Rauber
ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

You mean now that you've used them to trash my Atlantic shipping on one game i'm not allowed to do the same in our other one??!! [:D][:D]

Hey I would never do such a thing anyway.....[;)]

Its not quite as Machiavellian as you make it out. My trashing the Atlantic shipping was the first turn prior to V1.21 coming out. All subsequent strategic moves have been after and none of my DN's were placed on raid on subsequent strategic moves. (besides, I think I'm proving I need the handicap[:)] )

I'm up for whatever agreement you think is most fair at this point in our games, regarding DN's and raiding.