Page 1 of 1

Just downloaded but am unable to get unzipped

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:28 am
by Wargamer39
Downloaded the 759MB zipped file. When I click on zip file, it shows one app (exe) file. When I then click the exe file, my system freezes up. Have tried multiple times but freezes each time.

Should there be more than 1 file in the zip?

First time downloading rather than buying a physical copy....

Frustrated.

RE: Just downloaded but am unable to get unzipped

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:41 am
by cesteman
There is only one file in the zip. Did you unzip the file or just open it and then click on the file? I would suggest unzipping the file first and then clicking on it. Just opening the file causes your computer to load the file into your memory and it takes awhile for it to do that (on my computer at least). As a last resort you may have to redownload the file.

RE: Just downloaded but am unable to get unzipped

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:43 am
by Gil R.
There has not previously been a report like this (not for FOF, at any rate), so I think Cesteman must be right -- you've got to unzip the zip file and THEN click on the .exe.

RE: Just downloaded but am unable to get unzipped

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:27 pm
by Wargamer39
Sorted out.  Thanks anyway.