Page 1 of 1

Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:26 pm
by oberlehrer
Hello;

I've been playing CAW for some time now. However I've found one very annoying problem and I'd like to know if this is perhaps a pilot error or a real bug:

CAW can only be played if the logged-in user has administrator privileges. If the user has standard privileges no scenarios show up (and hence nothing can be played). I've come across this bug on two different machines so far.
If I change the account type to "administrator account" the scenarios show up afterwards and everything works fine. Change it back to "standard account": scenarios gone.

Yes, the installation was done for all users.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

oberlehrer


RE: Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:12 am
by alexs
Hi oberlehrer,

What operating system are you using on the machines this has come up on?


RE: Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:33 pm
by oberlehrer
Current machine is XP Home, the other machine was XP Pro.

Thanks,

oberlehrer

RE: Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:44 am
by alexs
ok. This may be an installer issue. I'll pm matrix to see if its a known issue.


RE: Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 pm
by oberlehrer
Any news on this? Is there perhaps something I should try out on my side?


RE: Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 am
by oberlehrer
Just to let you know:

The problem is still there with 1.02.


RE: Installation/privileges problem

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:43 am
by alexs
Hi Oberlehrer,
    We've installed the scenarios to a directory that requires administrator access. Instead of changing your account to an administrator, if you go through the start menu and right click on the quick launch icon, then select "run as" - and specify the administrator there.

Alex