Page 1 of 1

I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:30 am
by marcusm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhjOOkm-9z0

Always wondered when a gun like this would materialize.
Sure, there has been corner guns before but not this versatile.


RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:14 am
by 105mm Howitzer
First ones to appear was in 1944. I would expect some development after 60 years or so, wouldn't you?

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:41 am
by marcusm
It's not easy to do. This is flexible after all, I thought it would be very hard to do something like this
to be honest.

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:02 am
by Ursa MAior
Have you seen what weapon is mounted? A 9 mm Glock. Not a big hitter in FPSs. OK the hompapge says an USP can be monuted too but it is also not a SMG.

The 40mm grenade launcher is a better idea, but I'ven seen it in action and the user had tp push it hard against the wall to achive some accuracy cuz of the weird angle of the recoil.

Manufacturers homepage.
http://www.golangroup.com/products-cornershot.shtml

It is perfect for SWAT, but not really for military or FPS.

In SWAT 4 -while not an FPS- you had the telescoped mirror for the same purpose.

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:29 am
by marcusm
I bet people would find cheesy ways to use it in Counter Strike at least :).



RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:08 am
by aysi
Just blast through the wall

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:35 pm
by Marauders
Does anyone even consider situational awareness when using this?
 
It has its purpose, but it is very limited.
 

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:02 pm
by Ursa MAior
Never mind. Armed robots will replace these soon.

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:44 am
by Veldor
The makers of Bioshock are breaking the FPS mold by making a game with over half a million different weapons (unlike every other FPS game that has a dozen if your lucky). Im sure something like that will be one of them. Its called Borderlands...

BTW... isnt that the gun they use the fuzzy little kittens on to distract enemies?

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:51 am
by Arctic Blast
They did a bit on this weapon on Futureweapons a few months ago. There are plans to make a bigger weapon, something like a full fledged SMG, with the same capabilities.

On another note, that video was awful. Seriously, what bad martial arts C-list film did they get that music from?!

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:10 am
by Veldor
This is the video for the more enhanced version of the weapon entitled "The Kitty Corner Shot"....

It's not a joke they actually use this for special ops missions..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Q7MLR89p8


RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 am
by Marauders
I understand the uses for this, but the loss of situational awareness from looking at that little screen could get half the squad killed.
 
The enemy will not see the flashlight on it or the lit screen during night missions?  Isn't that like a sniper firing tracer rounds?
 
 

RE: I wonder when we will see this gun in a FPS

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:00 am
by ORANGE
ORIGINAL: Marauders

I understand the uses for this, but the loss of situational awareness from looking at that little screen could get half the squad killed.

The enemy will not see the flashlight on it or the lit screen during night missions?  Isn't that like a sniper firing tracer rounds?

The camera is actually one of, if not the most useful part of this. You can see around the corner without exposing yourself.

You do not need the flashlight or need it on. This could also be used with nightvision equipment.