Page 1 of 3

OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:20 pm
by KG Erwin
The number one question is -- can anyone stop the Patriots? If they don't finish 19-0, then their undefeated regular season becomes meaningless.

That being said, I expect my favorites (Green Bay) to defeat Seattle today, but I don't hold much hope for the Packers to defeat Dallas in the NFC title game. I simulated the game using SAT, and Dallas won it 21-7.


RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:47 pm
by Zap
I would not bet against them.

But Seattle has a 12point handicap. I would take Seattle and 12 points to win.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 pm
by ravinhood
Yup and computers don't lie KG hehe. Anyone watching the BLIZZARD BOWL Greenbay game? This one is better than the ice bowl when Dallas lost in Greenbay back in the 60's.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:53 pm
by James Ward
From a storyline angle I'd love to see Green Bay and New England in the Super Bowl.
The 'old man' Farve vs the New England juggernaught with whoever has the ball last having a chance to win it. It would be so fitting.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:43 am
by ravinhood
Nah Dallas will do that. New England just got lucky the first game against Dallas. Dallas will ruin their perfect record, that is IF they get pas the COLTS. New England is just a lucky team so far. One of those two will beat them. ;)

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:22 am
by JudgeDredd
Poor old Seahawks. WTF was that weather like...changed from 1st to 3rd quarter!

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:47 pm
by ORANGE
I thought the Jags were going to beat the Pats. Now it will be up to the Colts. Hopefully Harrison is at 100%. We shall see today!

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:33 pm
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: Zap

I would not bet against them.

But Seattle has a 12point handicap. I would take Seattle and 12 points to win.

Hey we spotted Seattle 14 points at the start of the game and still beat your spread? [:D]

Go Pack

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm
by ORANGE
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

ORIGINAL: Zap

I would not bet against them.

But Seattle has a 12point handicap. I would take Seattle and 12 points to win.

Hey we spotted Seattle 14 points at the start of the game and still beat your spread? [:D]

Go Pack
Yeah, I was disgusted when that happened and then more disgusted when Seattle lost.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:27 pm
by Zap
ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

ORIGINAL: Zap

I would not bet against them.

But Seattle has a 12point handicap. I would take Seattle and 12 points to win.

Hey we spotted Seattle 14 points at the start of the game and still beat your spread? [:D]

Go Pack





Have to admit the Packers played great. The next match-ups will be very good indeed. I loveed the game in snow. Hey Judge you never had so much fun watching or playing this game in the snow.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:33 am
by sullafelix
Now we don't have to see if Favre could have beat the curse. Although the Boys I saw today, I'm pretty sure would have lost to the Pack. I think the game in Dallas just took two years of my life from heart strain. I really don't see the Giants being able to come up with such an effort two weeks in a row, and they are pretty beat up now. NFC championship in GB in the snow what could be better. But I still think Bart Starr was better than Favre.

Patriots are a different subject. They can't be perfect all the time. I always like GB to lose one early to get it over with and to keep them from getting too cocky. From what I saw yesterday the Pack has a good chance against the Pats.

No game was better than the Ice Bowl. Not even the Giants Colts in 58.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:40 am
by Arctic Blast
Well, the NFC title game is all going to come down to who can protect their quarterback, because both those defenses live on smacking around the passer. In the AFC, this thing almost looks pre-ordained. San Diego with, at best, a banged up Rivers at QB, a banged up Gates at TE, and nobody knows what LT's status is? Yeah, THAT will pressure New England. [8|]

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:58 am
by Poolmick
Its going to be a Pats Packers remach
 
 I was really surprised that with Rivers and LT on the sidelines that the Bolts won.  Good for them.
 
 Though wouldn't it be crazy to see the Bolts and Giants in the SB.   With their #1 QB picks on the other team?

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:07 pm
by Paul Vebber
A Pack Pats rematch will be a win-win for me!

Either that Pack loses to the Greatest Team Ever, or they pull the Greatest Upset Ever! Either way my favorite team in each league is looking to be in and one of them has to win!

I'm hoping it will be an EPIC game - like that Pack-Denver Superbowl.

Both The Chargers and the Giants will be dangerous opponents though, both will be HEAVY 'dogs and will be flying around the field with nothing to lose - a lot of injury potential!


RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:32 am
by ORANGE
The Giants almost beat the Pats in the regular season and will beat them in the Superbowl.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:59 am
by James Ward
ORIGINAL: ORANGE

The Giants almost beat the Pats in the regular season and will beat them in the Superbowl.

If you believe that you should make a quick trip to Vegas and bet the farm on the NY/GB game! Heck you can get 2 1/2 - 1 on the money line right now and it will go up if the weather is bad [:)]

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:02 am
by ORANGE
ORIGINAL: James Ward

ORIGINAL: ORANGE

The Giants almost beat the Pats in the regular season and will beat them in the Superbowl.

If you believe that you should make a quick trip to Vegas and bet the farm on the NY/GB game! Heck you can get 2 1/2 - 1 on the money line right now and it will go up if the weather is bad [:)]
Why would it go up if the weather is bad? Eli is worse than Favre and the Giants running game is premium.

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:05 pm
by James Ward
ORIGINAL: ORANGE

ORIGINAL: James Ward

ORIGINAL: ORANGE

The Giants almost beat the Pats in the regular season and will beat them in the Superbowl.

If you believe that you should make a quick trip to Vegas and bet the farm on the NY/GB game! Heck you can get 2 1/2 - 1 on the money line right now and it will go up if the weather is bad [:)]
Why would it go up if the weather is bad? Eli is worse than Favre and the Giants running game is premium.

Simply because of what Farve did last game under horrible conditions. And the Packers running game isn't to shabby.
Right now the line is 2 1/2 -1 straight up . Bet the farm if you think it will be NY/NE in the super bowl![:)]

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 pm
by tocaff
...and the Cowgirls just watch....[:D]

RE: OT:An NFL Playoffs Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:40 pm
by Yogi the Great
Ice Bowl II?
 
Current forecast for the game looks like single digit temperatures and flurries.  Wind Chill will most likely hit below 0 by the end of the game.  Still perhaps a bit balmy as compared to the original Ice Bowl against the Cowboys.
 
Go Pack!