Page 1 of 4

Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 am
by Knavey
What am I?

I carried 2 torpedoes, had a top speed of 12 mph and was powered by a six cylinder engine. I had a crew of 1 officer and 6 men.

Take your best shot...this one never did.
[:D]

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 am
by marky
japanese torpedo boat, i remember Hara talking about it in his book Japanese Detroyer Captain

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:24 am
by Feltan
ORIGINAL: Knavey

What am I?

I carried 2 torpedoes, had a top speed of 12 mph and was powered by a six cylinder engine. I had a crew of 1 officer and 6 men.

Take your best shot...this one never did.
[:D]

You are the sum total of the U.S. Navy after Hillary gets elected.

Regards,
Feltan

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 am
by marky
ORIGINAL: Feltan

ORIGINAL: Knavey

What am I?

I carried 2 torpedoes, had a top speed of 12 mph and was powered by a six cylinder engine. I had a crew of 1 officer and 6 men.

Take your best shot...this one never did.
[:D]

You are the sum total of the U.S. Navy after Hillary gets elected.

Regards,
Feltan

[:-]

country and economy are collapsing and ur worried about the military?

must be a JFB [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:58 am
by bradfordkay
No Politics, boys.

Let's keep this forum clean, okay?

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:03 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: Feltan

ORIGINAL: Knavey

What am I?

I carried 2 torpedoes, had a top speed of 12 mph and was powered by a six cylinder engine. I had a crew of 1 officer and 6 men.

Take your best shot...this one never did.
[:D]

You are the sum total of the U.S. Navy after Hillary gets elected.

Regards,
Feltan

And you're somebody who should re-read the forum rules.[8|]

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:39 pm
by BrucePowers
Without looking (one of Knavey's rules) is it a Japanese midget sub from the late war period?

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Not a midget, but it might be a Type STS submarine?

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:02 pm
by Feltan
ORIGINAL: Terminus
And you're somebody who should re-read the forum rules.[8|]

And where are these rules located?

I am being serious. I looked before I posted that, and couldn't find any. The only thread that mentioned rules was one on forum moderation -- and that clearly stated no foul language.

I am not trying to be difficult, and don't want to be a pest -- but if there are published rules I must have totally missed them.

Regards,
Feltan

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:09 pm
by AW1Steve
ORIGINAL: marky

ORIGINAL: Feltan

ORIGINAL: Knavey

What am I?

I carried 2 torpedoes, had a top speed of 12 mph and was powered by a six cylinder engine. I had a crew of 1 officer and 6 men.

Take your best shot...this one never did.
[:D]

You are the sum total of the U.S. Navy after Hillary gets elected.

Regards,
Feltan

[:-]

country and economy are collapsing and ur worried about the military?

must be a JFB [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]


[X(] Marky , I'm not sure what you are studying , but I suspect that it's not history. When the US economy goes bad , it often influences other countries. When a dictator or unpopular regimme has to account for their declining economy , that's when "The wolf at the door" becomes a popular distraction. An example is the Junta running Argentinia during the Falklands/Malvinas war. It was the worst possible timing from a military point of view , but that doesn't matter , because the invasion was driven by political expedianancy. There are quite a few such regimes in the world today that qualify . I suggest that NOW is especially a good time for the free nations of the world , especially the USA to maintain , and in fact grow their Military and Naval forces. [:)]





But I firmly agree that politics do not belong any where on this forum.Period. [:-]



And I think the question might be answered with the word "Bibber"? [&:]

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 pm
by Knavey
I did not post the rules on this one because you may need to "research" it.  It is not an easy one...and no, it is NOT a type STS submarine, or the Japanese torpedo boat mentioned above.  [:D]
 
There are several clues in the original post...very subtle clues, but they may drive you in the right direction.

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:58 pm
by AW1Steve
[:)] How about the USS Holland? [&:]

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:45 pm
by tsimmonds
never mind

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 pm
by AW1Steve
ORIGINAL: irrelevant

never mind

I don't recall mentioning any party , or person....By your standard , it would be improper to say "a Navy is a good thing". Or , it's a good thing for people to be able to read. Is that REALLY what you mean, or are you just being , pardon the pun , "Irrelevant"? [:D]


EDIT note: apparently my post was "over taken by events".[:)]

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:00 pm
by Knavey
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

[:)] How about the USS Holland? [&:]

Nope.

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:04 pm
by String
Type 4 amphibious tank. Was meant to carry two type 2 torpedoes on a surprise attack on Ulithi in 1944.

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:07 pm
by decaro
ORIGINAL: Feltan

ORIGINAL: Terminus
And you're somebody who should re-read the forum rules.[8|]

And where are these rules located ...

Go to the top right of this page and click the "Register" link to find the rules. In brief, here they are:

No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive ...
No posting of any copyrighted material ...
No multiple message board accounts by a single person ...
No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes...
No Trolling ...
No Copyright Infringement posts ...
No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators ...

These are all reasonable rules, but I can't find anything prohibiting politics in any of them. Perhaps "political" needs to be clearly defined, but in my experience, political discussions usually come to a bad end.



RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:07 pm
by USSAmerica
There we go.  Knavey's hints had me thinking of a land vehicle of some kind.

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 pm
by Feltan
ORIGINAL: Joe D.

....Go to the top right of this page and click the "Register" link to find the rules. In brief, here they are...

Joe,

Thank you for responding.

I was chided above by another forum member for not reading the rules. Thank you for pointing them out.

It seems that this other forum member who took it upon himself to set me straight, should be the one who needs to read the rules.

Regards,
Feltan

RE: Trivia #11

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:21 pm
by AW1Steve
ORIGINAL: Joe D.
ORIGINAL: Feltan

ORIGINAL: Terminus
And you're somebody who should re-read the forum rules.[8|]

And where are these rules located ...

Go to the top right of this page and click the "Register" link to find the rules. In brief, here they are:

No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive ...
No posting of any copyrighted material ...
No multiple message board accounts by a single person ...
No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes...
No Trolling ...
No Copyright Infringement posts ...
No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators ...

These are all reasonable rules, but I can't find anything prohibiting politics in any of them. Perhaps "political" needs to be clearly defined, but in my experience, political discussions usually come to a bad end.


I would then suggest the Traditional "rules of the mess", no politics , sports (specific preferences) , religion , sex, or any female by name. [:D] Boy , that will get boring fast!