Page 1 of 2

Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 am
by ravinhood
I have to go with the Etrade Baby and the Bud commercial with the guy in the basketball outfit. I forget his name but, I laughed pretty good at the end where he says "Suck One" and the director really gives a pissed off CUT! lol

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:40 am
by 06 Maestro
Yep, E-Trade and Bud had good commercials. At least I got a smile out of those. The rest were just bland. Seeing the new commercials used to be a great part of Super Bowl. I remember really LMAO at those-many years ago-not any more. I don't think it's because I may have gotten a little grumpy; I think it's because modern writers, in general, suck.

The half time show was good. It's nice to have musicians that can perform without gyrating like an animal being tortured, or a psycho sex freak, or an exhibitionist.

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:08 am
by pad152
I like'd the ballon floats chasing the coke bottle!

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 am
by David Heath
I think E-Trade was the best.... that was pretty cool.
 
 

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 am
by JWW
Victoria's Secret.

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 am
by freeboy
I liked those above mentioned plus the hourse and dog one, very cute! lol

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 am
by Arctic Blast
Every damn year, we up in Canuckland don't get to see most of the Super Bowl ads, because they replace them with Canadian ads on the feed. I'll have to look online.

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:22 pm
by ORANGE
Not my faves but I liked the ones with the Napoleon reenactor and the one with Shaq as a jockey. [:D]

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:59 pm
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: JW

Victoria's Secret.

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I liked those above mentioned plus the hourse and dog one, very cute! lol

I hope no one wants to see the two combined - if so you may have a problem [:D]

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:44 pm
by CJMello63
I have a problem then. 

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:57 pm
by Erik Rutins
My opinion:

#1 E-Trade Baby
#2 Hank the Horse
#3 Floats chasing Coke Bottle
#4 "Flint Tropics Player/Coach" Will Ferrell

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:23 pm
by Gil R.
As a longtime GEICO customer, perhaps I'm biased in favor of cavemen in commercials, but I did like this year's cavemen/beer commercial. Not as much as the Fed-Ex one from a year or two ago, though.

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 pm
by Deride
Hands down, I would have to say the Doritos mouse one where he eats the chip and the man in a mouse outfit jumps through the wall... I was watching the game with my 9 year old and 6 year old, and they both unable to stop laughing for 5 minutes...
 
Russ

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:41 am
by Poolmick
I Liked the Amp one ,where he was jumping the car with the cables attached to his.......

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:30 pm
by Gil R.
So here's a question: what, technically, qualifies as a "Super Bowl commercial"? Yesterday I followed a link from CNN.com to Time.com to find that their entertainment guy Jim Ponawhatever (with whom I served on the Michigan Daily while in college) reviewed every single one of them. Thing is, I hadn't seen about a third of them. I turned on the game in time for kick-off, and watched until the post-game was over. So obviously, some of those commercials aired during pre-game. So when did those commercials start? An hour before? Half hour? Personally, I think that if it airs before the coin toss it doesn't count.

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 pm
by Marc von Martial
ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

...and Bud had good commercials.

They should put all the money they fork out for commercials into making drinkable beer in the first place [;)]

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:56 pm
by Gil R.
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

...and Bud had good commercials.

They should put all the money they fork out for commercials into making drinkable beer in the first place [;)]


You're a German -- what the hell does your country know about good beer?

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:47 pm
by mjk428
The one with the pandas was really clever and cutting edge.





[:-]

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:56 pm
by mjk428
ORIGINAL: Gil R.

You're a German -- what the hell does your country know about good beer?

I agree. All the beer you need to drink is produced north of the English Channel, west of the North Sea and east of Great Blasket Island. Should push comes to shove, I can happily survive off the beer produced only in Dublin.

RE: Nominations for best commerical during Super Bowl

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:25 pm
by 06 Maestro
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

...and Bud had good commercials.

They should put all the money they fork out for commercials into making drinkable beer in the first place [;)]

I'll admit that Germans can make a fairly decent beer. My Holiday beer is Spaten Pills. However, Bud stacks up well against most others from around the world. It is beyond my understanding how someone can consume a dark, bitter brew at piss warm temperatures, and call that beer-and a superior beer at that.[:D]