Page 1 of 2
MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 pm
by MikeBrough
Wha'appen to the Steakhouse?
RE: MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 pm
by Fred98
I was just there.
Still up and running.
-
RE: MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
by IronDuke_slith
It's down for me.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:31 pm
by Doggie
Nothing that I'm aware of.
Every now and then a server fails or something and a web site goes off line. It happens here on occasion. I just checked and MCS is up and running. An error message with a bunch of geek speak about frammis exceeds query limit or some other undeciperable nonsense that's of no practical use to anyone reading it means there's some sort of software error that we got to ask one of the geeks we got on retainer about and try to fix.
Anything else is just a reflection on the sad state of the infrastructure, like your power flickering out twenty times in one day, which happened to me yesterday. Isn't it wonderfull to live in a first world country where your public utility still strings power lines across town on poles.[8|]
RE: MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:12 pm
by m10bob
ORIGINAL: Doggie
Nothing that I'm aware of.
Every now and then a server fails or something and a web site goes off line. It happens here on occasion. I just checked and MCS is up and running. An error message with a bunch of geek speak about frammis exceeds query limit or some other undeciperable nonsense that's of no practical use to anyone reading it means there's some sort of software error that we got to ask one of the geeks we got on retainer about and try to fix.
Anything else is just a reflection on the sad state of the infrastructure, like your power flickering out twenty times in one day, which happened to me yesterday. Isn't it wonderfull to live in a first world country where your public utility still strings power lines across town on poles.[8|]
Power goin' out in the winter winds??(Don't get me started.)
RE: MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:38 pm
by Doggie
Nope, the power goes out here for no reason at all. Frequently. Of course we always have the option to get our power from the other power company, right?[8|]
The more lengthy outaqes occur every time there's some sort of storm. Then it becomes neccessary to raise the rates to make up for the loss of revenue. And of course our nuclear powered electric utility also see fit to add on additional rate increases for fuel when the price of oil goes up.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:59 pm
by Paul Vebber
I have not been able to get to it all day
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:03 am
by Doggie
It was online until a few minutes ago, now I'm getting the incomprehensible error message.[8|]
I'm working on it, but I need help from one of our geeks. They know who they are.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:17 am
by Brigz
Hope it's back up soon. I've become addicted to the Image Association thread. Must post images.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:50 am
by Goblin
ORIGINAL: Doggie
It was online until a few minutes ago, now I'm getting the incomprehensible error message.[8|]
Me too, Dawg.
Goblin
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:37 am
by cdbeck
My call is Terminus, with a lead pipe, in the conservatory. [;)]
I don't normally go there, but I tested it and got the regular mozilla "server not found" page. This was happening sporadically with other websites at my office (such as wikipedia) today.
SoM
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 am
by Sarge
ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort
My call is Terminus, with a lead pipe, in the conservatory. [;)]
SoM
[:-]
Les , with the rope , in the gentlemen’s club
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 am
by Chijohnaok2
I have not been able to get on the Steakhouse since Monday night. Tried this morning and then tried on and off ever since I got home from work Tuesday evening.
I keep getting an error message saying "Sorry, "
www.madcowssteakhouse.com" does not exist or is not available! "

RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:47 am
by Cap Mandrake
Denial of service attack from Democratic Underground
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 am
by Twotribes
Couldn't happen to a better place.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:03 pm
by Smead
ORIGINAL: Twotribes
Couldn't happen to a better place.
[8|]

RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:04 pm
by Smead
ORIGINAL: Doggie
Nothing that I'm aware of.
Every now and then a server fails or something and a web site goes off line. It happens here on occasion. I just checked and MCS is up and running. An error message with a bunch of geek speak about frammis exceeds query limit or some other undeciperable nonsense that's of no practical use to anyone reading it means there's some sort of software error that we got to ask one of the geeks we got on retainer about and try to fix.
Anything else is just a reflection on the sad state of the infrastructure, like your power flickering out twenty times in one day, which happened to me yesterday. Isn't it wonderfull to live in a first world country where your public utility still strings power lines across town on poles.[8|]
Dead since yesterday.
I was expecting to get rounded up and put in a concentration camp.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:17 pm
by Chijohnaok2
Still cannot get on. Same error message as noted in my prior posting.
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:00 pm
by Smead
RE: MadCow
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:06 pm
by Smead