Page 1 of 1

PBEM problem

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:56 pm
by RooseBolton
Ok, I was just doing this as a test between me and a buddy to test how the PBEM goes.

France (Me) as emailhost
England (friend) as emailclient
the rest AI

1) I type in our email address for france and england (although its a "box" not a "@" symbol on the list...is it supposed to look like that)

2) CLick Host email game

3) It says "enter game name", I do so a proceed

4) France Set-up....i set up all of France and Holland

5) Then i click end phase like it says in the manual

6) NOW it wants me to set up England, SHOULDNT the game stop, since england is listed as a client and france host.

...is this normal for PBEM..should i just end the game and email the file.

7) also i cant find any PBEM files under "Commin"...but they are in the "saves" file, why is this happening

What if anything i am i doing wrong ..or is the game doing something wrong.....or is this really wow it works.

Shouldnt there be passwords for each country?

(OK...i realized the files where in Commout file, not in...so thats my bad...but what about the england setup thing??

RE: PBEM problem

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:35 pm
by DCWhitworth
Sounds correct to me. It isn't asking you to do the Great Britain setup, it's saying that the Great Britain setup is next. If you look in the line above the status box at bottom left it should say "View Mode (Great Britain is playing Setup phase)"

Send the gamestart.pbm and your setup pbm file from the commout folder to your friend/enemy. He will play his setup phase which he will send back to you, put it in your commin folder and load . .

By the way I also get the 'square box not @' issue. I think it is because I'm not using an English(US) keyboard setup.

RE: PBEM problem

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:55 pm
by Ralegh
Like DC said - I note that you can't actually DO anything in the British setup, unless the game thinks Britain is a human.