Page 1 of 1

Java sucks!

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:08 pm
by panzers
Could you please tell me what rocket scientist decided to put this in Java.
It's pretty sad that a game company cannot accomadate people who have high end software. So we get penalized because we have a superior product.
What's the deal here. Vista doesn't even support it. What does that tell you?

RE: Java sucks!

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:31 pm
by JudgeDredd
Actually panzers, I kind of agree that this code in this laguage is pretty unsuitable (I thought it ran like a bit of a dog myself...great game though), I don't think you can suggest Vista not supporting it tells you anything about another product except how crap that OS is.

As an example, Vista doesn't support Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003...and who makes that product? Oh yes, Microsoft. And who makes Vista? Oh yes...Microsoft...so if Microsoft can't make their operating systems compatible with Microsofts other products even with the hundreds (thousands) of developers and testers they have on their payroll with all the billions of pounds that Microsoft makes in a year (27Bn last year), how are games companies with a fraction of the budget and staff meant to foot the bill to develop their software to specifically follow an OS that is clearly heading for the dustbin.



RE: Java sucks!

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:48 pm
by panzers
That is very important thing that I left out, that it is an awesome game. What really pisses me off about it is the fact that we have no shot at visual upgrade, unless, somehow, someone was able to take thit java shit out of it.
As far as the game itself, It leaves a tremondoes amount of possibilites for upgrading the game itself. I can see many possibilites to where they can incorporate new units and bigger and better technologies. Of course in order to do that, war efforts would have to generally be increased, but it's a relatively short game anyway, and what diehard gamer wouldn't want a long term wargame to keep them glued to their seat?

RE: Java sucks!

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 pm
by firepowerjohan
I have some great news for you then because the next patch will include some very significant performance improvements to frame rates, loading time and other stuff [8D]

RE: Java sucks!

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:39 am
by panzers
That, indeed is great news. I can hardly wait. I just hope it comes in before WiF is released because I will be occupied with that game no matter what they do to CEAW for years to come. Not that there is anything wrong with CEAW, but that game is gonna be the mother of all wargames and will set entirely new standards not only for the wargaming community but for the entire computer gaming industry.