Page 1 of 2

Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:51 am
by Xtiger
Hi,
I'm currently living in Vietnam and trying to launch a game with my brother in France. But we are unable to start a multiplayer TCP/IP game. When I check my IP with whatsmyip.com, i have something like 117.5....., but C&C multiplayer screen always put something like 192.168.... I believe that the issue is linked with router/firewall. Does anybody has an idea on how to solve the problem ?

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:40 am
by Andrew Williams
ou must make sure your Firewall(s) is allowing CoI to access the internet

CoI Ports  to forward to your 192.168.... address

2300 to 2400 udp/TCP
6073 TCP
47624 TCP

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:57 am
by Guttersnipe
I'm having the same difficulty - only seeing my internal IP address. When I search for games I get a blank roster, then a text message at the bootom saying 'Searching subnet', then a blank roster & my Internal IP -

I've tried forwarding the ports mentioned above - "CoI Ports to forward to your 192.168.... address" -- silly question but I'm a dummy with these things --

My internal IP is 192.168.2.2 & my default gateway is 192.168.2.1 - which one am I forwarding the ports to in the router?

Any help appreciated....

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:00 am
by Guttersnipe
Another dumby question - in the roster should I be seeing a list of games publicly hosted on the net or do I have to know the IP address first before I can see anything on the list? Tried looking on Gamespy (my usual last ditch resort to get round my router) and although Close Combat IV is listed there's no Modern Tactics ... is there ANYONE playing this game? Help!

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:10 am
by Andrew Williams
You  have to know the IP address first.

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:11 pm
by Guttersnipe
Thanks for the reply - any idea about the address to forward in the router? - is it the default gateway or the IP of my machine on the LAN? Cheers!

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:09 pm
by Andrew Williams
You have to forward the ports to the IP of your machine on your LAN.

Below are the ports


CoI Ports
2300 to 2400 udp/TCP
6073 TCP
47624 TCP


For MMCCIII

Ports 1939 to 1945 and 2108 to 2110 must be open/forwarded in your router/modem for this app. to function correctly.



You also must make sure your Firewall is allowing CoI to access the internet


RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:36 pm
by Perturabo
I have a problem. I forwarded ports for my router, but I still get only internal IP when trying to host multiplayer. Any idea what went wrong?

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 pm
by Andrew Williams
Do you have your firewall set to allow CCMT?.... In both your PC and your router?
but I still get only internal IP when trying to host multiplayer

Do you mean your internal IP address is displayed on the mutiplayer screen... that is normal even though your external IP talks to the world and any data using the listed ports gets redirected (forwarded) to your internal IP.


You can find the IP address you want to give to your opponent here:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:54 pm
by Perturabo
The manual says that the multiplayer screen should display both my internal IP and the external one.

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:02 am
by Andrew Williams
Try this

Launch CCMT

Play a multiplayer game

On the multiplayer screen selct "HosT"
 
Your IP should pop up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen

Alt-TAB out of CCMT

open this page in your browser :  http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Type 2300 into the box ... if you are forwarding correctly you should have "success"

Then try 47624  again you should have success if you are forwarding correctly and you have your firewall(s) open.

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:16 pm
by Perturabo
Thanks. It seems that they are correctly forwarding

Hmm...
I have a question.
If I have modded base data (only .txt files), then if I'll host a game, will those that join be able to play the modded game with me or would they have to download the mod first?

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 am
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Try this

Launch CCMT

Play a multiplayer game

On the multiplayer screen selct "HosT"

Your IP should pop up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen

Alt-TAB out of CCMT

open this page in your browser :  http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Type 2300 into the box ... if you are forwarding correctly you should have "success"

Then try 47624  again you should have success if you are forwarding correctly and you have your firewall(s) open.

I disabled my firewall which I have with bitdefender and disabled the privacy control as well. Went to the canyouseeme.org website and typed 2300 into the box and got the following message:
Error: I could not see your service on 71.55.219.198 on port (2300)
Reason: Connection refused

Am I missing something which needs to be turned off or tweaked? [&:]

Thanks. [:(]

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 am
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

You have to forward the ports to the IP of your machine on your LAN.

Below are the ports


CoI Ports
2300 to 2400 udp/TCP
6073 TCP
47624 TCP


For MMCCIII

Ports 1939 to 1945 and 2108 to 2110 must be open/forwarded in your router/modem for this app. to function correctly.



You also must make sure your Firewall is allowing CoI to access the internet


OK. This is what my router screen looks like in the Port Range Forward screen. What do I enter into the fields to open the right ports and such for multiplayer?




Image

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 am
by Andrew Williams
application = CoI

Start = 2300
End = 2400
Both = correct
Ip Address 192.168.1.****

\start\run\cmd    this will open a dos window
type ipconfig and press enter


where it says IP Address that is what you put in the box



Do the same for......47624

start = 47624
end = 47624

Tick enable on both

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 am
by GaryChildress
So is that all I enter in the Application field just CoI? I don't type CoI.exe or anything like that?

Thanks.

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 am
by Andrew Williams
It's only a text file so you will know in 5 years what the port forward was for


RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:59 am
by GaryChildress
5 years? [&:]

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:16 am
by Andrew Williams
It's just a reference so you will remember what it was for ...in the future... 1 day or 20 years.

RE: Multiplayer / Online Game issue

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 pm
by Perturabo
I have a new problem. When I host a game, I can't proceed to battlegroup screen from oporder screen. I don't know what to do. The "next" button is grayed out. The second player can proceed to the battlegroup screen...